Broadcom

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Verification Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Broadcom in October 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me through linkedin. Scheduled 1st phone interview. Basic questions about System Verilog, OOP, coverage, most interesting bug that i had found, runt pkts, why seeking to work at broadcom. From my reply, interviewer got an idea that I was switching solely for money, i feel that was the reason i didnt hear back from them. I had answered most of the questions right.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2012.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview and then 1 day on site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Simple. No negotiation. Offer accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

Interview Details – From linkedin, get the referral, 5days after, got email notice me to prepare phone interview,
3 question
1. 2bit full adder schematic,
2 and 3 are just basic circuit question.

Interview Questions

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Interview Details – called my old friend in a company in Tx. He introduced me to a group and the manager called me. Everything was straitforward.

Interview Question – job changing purpose; job descriptions; target salary; when available.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My current immigration status.

Verification Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had a telephone interview with them and the hiring manager was very friendly and keen on discussing every bit of my work experience, as well as facts about cooperation with colleagues and the team in my former company. The interview, suprisingly, lasted for a little more than an hour.

Interview Question – How did you verified for BER in a SERDES design?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview and was then called onsite.
Phone interview included past work and few technical Questions on SV.That included fork join ,intertial and transport delay etc .Basically they were pretty easy
Was called onsite after a week.It was from 10:00 am till 3:00 pm

Interview Question – Mainly System verilog and uvm bases questions,Set up time hold time
How to generate a skewed clock
How to do clock domain crossing
Create a sequence generator
Sorting based alogorithm Questions
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom Verification Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.