Broadmoor Hotel

Relevance Date Difficulty

House Attendant Interview

House Attendant
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadmoor Hotel in September 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent and exhaustive

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation you have encountered   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Excellent detailed and worth getting

Very Easy Interview

Baker/Pastry Chef Interview

Baker/Pastry Chef

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Broadmoor Hotel.

Interview Details – I was interviewed during the last part of culinary school. My externship was completed at the Broadmoor and then I was offered a job. Interview was basic.

Interview Question – Interview was basic.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Employee At the Broadmoor Hotel Interview

Employee At the Broadmoor Hotel

I applied online and interviewed at Broadmoor Hotel.

Interview Details – Phone interview for first position applied for. I never heard back from them for that position. Applied for another position online maybe 3 months later. Walked in to hand in resume to human resources. They said thanks, have a good day. Received a call to come in for an in-person interview that they call your second interview even if you haven't interviewed for that position yet. The interview was with two managers and took maybe 15 minutes.

Interview Question – The questions were easy. They mostly want to know that you have open availability including weekends and holidays, and that you can smile.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, they really don't negotiate.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Colorado Springs, CO

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Broadmoor Hotel in May 2012.

Interview Details – I sent my resume into the Broadmoor for this Sales Assistant position and they called me back wanting to schedule an interview within a few days. I drove all the way down from Parker for this "interview" in a big, impersonal staffing office in a very obscure location. They spent five minutes asking me questions about the details of the position such as "are you willing to work holidays?" "are you willing to work weekends?" "this is a part time position, is that clear to you?" "do you have any felonies?" and other basic requirements. I drove an hour and a half to talk to the lady for five minutes. I never heard back from them after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did something great when nobody was watching.   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in the future after/during this position? How will it help you in the future?   Answer Question

Amenities Agent Interview

Amenities Agent
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadmoor Hotel in January 2010.

Interview Details – First I had an interview with an HR assistant, she asked basic questions about my resume and why the Broadmoor. They love hearing how great they are so just tell them that "this is the most beautiful Hotel in the world, everyone is SO nice here, I'd love to be a part of your team etc". Then I had an interview with the manager of the department. It was fast, he was talking about what they do, how they do it and asked me if I could do the same things. I told him yes. They hired me.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadmoor Hotel in March 2010.

Interview Details – Since I was already an employee at the Broadmoor I posted to the position and waited a couple weeks for an interview to be scheduled. Once the interview was scheduled I went in to the human resources department and interviewed with a supervisor. The interview was quite simple, just some questions about me, what I knew about the job and the company, nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Massage Therapist Interview

Massage Therapist

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Broadmoor Hotel in July 2010.

Interview Details – My biggest issue was the lack of willingness to discuss pay until the very last interview. A huge waste of my time. The pay they offer for someone like myself with nearly 20 years of education, experience and proven track record was just silly. If they had been considerate enough to discuss this me at a more appropriate time i.e. the second interview, we both could have moved on.

When I respectfully declined the offer, this is what I was told "not everyone has what it takes to be a member of the Broadmoor team". Directly insulting and uncalled for. Not everyone is willing to work for 8$ and hour after almost 2 decades of experience.

Reason for Declining – Refer to above

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadmoor Hotel in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phonecall for an interview. They scheduled my interview on a holiday. Memorial day to be exact. They told me to come in an hour before the Human Resource office even opened. So not only did I have to wait an hour to go into the waiting room but I also had to wait another 45 minutes to be interviewed. The person that interviewed me was snobbish and I felt like they didn't care what I was saying. My advice would be unless you work in hospitality don't apply for a job here. They mostly hire immigrants. Two hours of waiting for a 5 minute interview was a joke and a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work nights, weekends, and holidays?   View Answer
  • Have you read all the requirements for the dress code?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Broadmoor Hotel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadmoor Hotel interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadmoor Hotel employees and interview candidates.