Broadview Networks Interview Questions

2.3

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye Brook, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rye Brook, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Broadview Networks in May 2014.

I applied online and got a call back almost immediately from a recruiter wanting to speak to me and telling me my background is perfect for this job. She set me up for a formal phone interview with the hiring manager the following day, and we had a brief conversation. None of the questions he asked were difficult. At the end of the call I asked him what next steps would be, and he said he wants to set me up for an additional phone interview with his boss to which I agreed. I followed up with HR twice and never heard back. Very unprofessional. Based upon that alone I would not advise anyone to work with these people. If their HR department, the face of the company to incoming talent, cannot respect a candidate on their way in the door why would they respect you as an employee? No wonder there are constant complaints about morale being low and employees seem miserable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Broadview Networks.

Went through a recruiter and it was nothing out of the ordinary. The first step was meeting with the Sales Manager, a phone call and then an in person meeting. Then a second round with the Regional VP of Sales and Sales Manager. For the second round, they required me to put together a 30,60,90 day plan and talk about how I would execute the plan if offered the position. The last interview was a phone conversation with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the most difficult thing during the interview process was the 30,60,90 day plan. A lot of the questions asked were very traditional interview questions. The plan required more thought and assumption because they did not give very clear instructions or how they would grade me.   Answer Question

I declined the offer. The base pay was competitive but the overall comp plan was going to cost me money. They cap expenses to $250 a month/$3000 a year. The territory I would have managed, would have been at least 2/3 more of an expense then the stipend and thats being really conservative. In addition, the health plan was not what I expected. For a family, the plan was a $4,000 deductible plan with copays.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Broadview Networks in May 2013.

Was a very simple hiring process

Yes, I negotiated

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Broadview Networks in July 2012.

Very quick decisions with the hiring process, and a great salary offering far better than the competition. Not a lot of red tape here....they know how to make decisions and know who they want. No games here.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any difficulty, as I was a well seasoned professional.   Answer Question
    Very fair and respectable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadview Networks in January 2012.

I interviewed with an outside recruiter as well as a manager the first day.

Simple and effective

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Broadview Networks in December 2011.

Thorough interview with a decent amount of questions regarding my resume
    Boss had a good sense of humor as well as concern for where I personally see myself in a certain amount of years
    A few days later had to give a sales pitch which was more of a role play between the two of us on setting up an appointment

Interview Questions
    There's a set salary which is non negotiable at first

Cloud Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadview Networks in February 2011.

Received notification from a friend who is an employee regarding the position. Submitted resume and got a phone interview 2 weeks later. The phone interview was very brief and offered very little insight as to what the manager was looking for. I believe there was an internal candidate and the manager was going through the motions. I had to press to find out why the position was open and the manager agreed that my qualifications were sufficent for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have VOIP experience and do you have account management?   Answer Question
    • Do you know router protocols and have you designed a large enterprise network?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Broadview Networks in October 2010.

Broadview Networks is not Verizon. By a long stretch.

I had a number of years in telecomm and was working for a third-party company before going on a recommended interview at Broadview Networks in NY. Initially, the managers I met with were good, although we were hitting some barriers on compensation, Broadview's reputation for sometimes less than satisfactory customer service/ issue resolution, and reasons for high employee turnover. But I still was interested in finding out for myself whether those were valid concerns. After a meeting or two, they escalated me to an interview with a district manager.

At that point, things became worse. The DM began to discuss a different position with me that was significantly less responsibility and compensation than the one that had been initially proposed- and less in both respects than my current job at the other company. I asked about the other position, and he was very dismissive, expressing a "we're interviewing you for this position and no other" message. His tone and attitude were very unprofessional and condescending. I never heard back from him or Broadview, not even to decline to further consider me as a candidate. I finally spoke to one of the original managers who apologized to me.

Had that last interview not happened, I probably would not have accepted a job at Broadview Networks, however, I would have been left with more of a neutral "not the right fit" feeling, rather than a negative outlook.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain the differences between IP and POTS (standard wireline technology) to a business customer who may not see a difference?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadview Networks in December 2009.

The senior manager knew of my previous employer and what was expected and accomplished there. They needed a few more reps and I had experience in the industry working in NYC, which carried a lot of weight. I felt going in that it was mine to lose. Interviewed briefly by the local and regional manager, then offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to prospect to effectively introduce our products in this market?   View Answer
    • Why do you think you can do this job?   View Answer
    Being essentially entry level, there wasn't much in the way of negotiations.

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadview Networks in February 2008.

say hello to each other, intro to each other and descibe what been done recently, go over those projects that on the resume, ask several general tech questions, then ask some questions from those projects. then descibe an issue, ask how to resolve it if it happens in the production