Broadway Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadway Technology (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Before talking to anyone over the phone, I had to complete an online, timed coding test. After passing the test, I had to talk to a HR person for a half hour. There wasn't any useful information in that conversation, but it was probably to make sure I spoke English fluently or something along those lines. After that, I had a phone screen with a developer. With 25 minutes remaining, he asked me to go to collabedit. He asked me a simple question but it still required some thought because it wasn't something you'd normally do. I asked a clarifying question and he answered it. After working on the problem for maybe 5-10 minutes, he said "Oh I'm sorry. I should have been more clear. I actually wanted you to do this." The actual question was very different and I had only 15 or so minutes left. I figure I could have almost completed it in 30-45 minutes. Maybe he screwed up but he was a smart guy so I think it's more likely the redirection was on purpose. I didn't have enough time to complete the actual question. At the end, the interviewer told me he didn't expect me to complete it. I think I need to be much faster at interview questions, but I was also left feeling that the phone screen wasn't a realistic test of my ability.

Interview Questions

• Questions on string and number manipulation. Use Mod, divide and handle special cases.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadway Technology in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was very friendly and welcoming. There was an initial phone screen that asked about why I wanted to work there and what my passions were. We proceeded to a skype call where I was asked about my projects. Some non-technical questions were: What would you have done differently for one your major projects and where do you see yourself in ten years? Afterwards, I was given two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to implement merge sort in an language of my choosing.
      Second question was to find the maximum of the last k numbers starting from index 0 up to n-k-1.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Broadway Technology in October 2013.

Interview

Had an on campus interview. Was very professional. Only had a couple of basic behavioral questions and the remaining time was spent on a case study and a code question.

Interview Questions

• Trading question based on java. Asked me to tell what was going on in the code which was about bid ask spread in trades.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Broadway Technology.

Interview

asking about my resume, background, and why I got interested in this job. then got to coding questions.

Interview Questions

• you are given an unsorted array of integers which are showing the price of a stock during the time. you wanna buy some amount of the stocks at some point, and sell them at a later time, so that to maximize your revenue. Asked for O(n) algorithm.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Broadway Technology in March 2012.

Interview

It starts with a phone screen and 1:1 interviews on site.

The folks there are very smart, mostly from the top engineering schools in the country. The interviews consisted of intelligence tests to actually writing code on the white board. There were 3 rounds including the tough programming design patterns kind of a problem that one is expected to think through and come up with on the spot. If you know it and can match them, it's good. On the plus side, it is a very casual, unintimidating atmosphere (at least the people I interviewed with). They were pretty friendly but they look for a high degree of skill and ability to think on your feet.

One of the reviews said that they look for incredibly smart people and hire only them. I guess I know where I stand. :(