Brocade Communications

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2012.

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. While the staff was nice enough in person, scheduling the interview and the aftermath was extremely frustrating. It took months of follow-up to finally get the interview after the initial phone screening. A lot of it stemmed from the hiring manager taking his sweet time about finally scheduling a date for me to come in a meet the team. I had considered the lead dead after they hadn't returned my calls (or emails) for over a month when a second recruiter called me and asked me to finally come in for my interview. It lasted for 2 hours and I met with 3 out of 4 team members who I was scheduled to talk with. The 4th person didn't even bother to show up, nor let the other team members know that. The interviewers talked for most of it and rarely asked me anything about myself. The only time I spoke of my experience was when I thought it was necessary to relate to the conversation.

Overall, I though the interview itself went well and the hiring manager even walked me out. He said that the next step would be to follow up with the recruiter in a week. The rest of the experience went as follows:

Contacted recruiter exactly one week after the interview
Recruiter said they weren't ready yet and it would be a few days
I followed up one week from them
Same story
The third time around, the recruiter seemed a bit annoyed and told me that she would definitely let me know if there was any news
I wanted patiently for exactly 30 days before I contacted her again
The recruiter said the job had been put on hold

So...that's it? The job was put on hold after all that? Come on. The least they could've done was send out a mass email to all the people who applied and essentially wasted hours of time from the Brocade managers and myself. Brocade, you need to do a better job. I have such a poor taste from this company from this experience and if I ever find myself as a potential customer of yours I will not consider your business.

Other Interview Reviews for Brocade Communications

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in December 2010.

Straight forward, quick and efficient.

Interview Questions
    They low balled me and countered but did not get much out of the negotiation.