Brocade Communications

Brocade Communications Engineering Interview Questions

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in April 2012.

Initial communication was with the HR, resulted in a phone call with questions on background and interest. Next step was a phone screening with the Hiring Manager after which was called in to interview on site. Had 7 rounds of 1:1 interviews, half an hour each. Was very well organized. The interviews were in depth and detailed, focus was on analytical and problem solving skills. Was given a campus tour, people in general seemed very friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you faced an unfriendly client.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brocade Communications

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in June 2009.

Very professional and complete. Got a good sense of the people, the position and the company. Was very very happy with the whole process. Really increased my excitement for joining the company.

There were some hangups in the process, but they were communicated and explained very well. It did take a bit longer than I would like, but it was still one of the best interview processes I have gone through.

NOTHING like the BS they put you through at Google

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stands out, they were all very standard questions for the role.   View Answer
    Very very open, honest, and in the end generous.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brocade Communications in November 2010.

First round was Telephonic. The interviewer briefly explained about Company and role they are looking. Most of the question was from project and few on algorithms. Telephonic round lasted for 30 minutes.

Then HR called me for 1:1 interview. Programming questions were discussed and again the project specific questions for around 45 minutes.

After 2 weeks are so, they called up for Second 1:1 interview, this time the question were more of situational kind (e.g. what happens when this goes wrong and how do you rectify it) for around 45 minutes.

After that the Hiring Manager spoke with me, further explaining the project and work I will be assigned with.

And now comes the silent period, where I din;t received any notification or call from company HR about the status of my interview. I tried to contact HR by sent many mails, but finally I got a call from Hiring Manager, who informed that the result is positive and I need to go through one more interview with US panel.

Finally a date is finalized for telephonic interview with US panel. I waited but to my surprise no one called. I tried to inform the HR about the situation but no one was available. Finally the interview was postponed to another date. As planned I received the interview call.

I am very relieved that I got through all the rounds. Now I am trying to forget the frustration period.

Interview Questions
    • Find all possible combination of characters in a string using recursion.   Answer Question
    Nope, HR left me with 0% margin for negotiation.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in October 2009.

The interview was scheduled on campus.

I was asked about my work at prev jobs in details. General questions like fav scientist etc were asked.

Also Sorting Algorithms were asked

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brocade Communications in July 2009.

Phone interview followed by a face to face interview

Compensation

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in March 2008.

grilled me on my resume, felt good about it, but I wasn't the most qualified for the positions with my minimum experience.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2008.

four interviews. phone interview first, and then onsite interviews. all interviews focus on technique questions.