Brocade Communications Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.2

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview

Three back to back interview rounds then next day with HR manager.
    They asked me about my previous experience, technical questions related to the Job and couple of psychology and management related questions.
    Keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Asked me to how do i handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. There was no phone interview. Came in for an in person and met with two managers back to back.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions at all. Was all about my resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview

Behavior Questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a 30 miniutes phone interview. The questions focus on time series and forecasting methods.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview

A recruiter for Brocade contacted me & after a lengthy phone screen set me up for 3 more phone screens with EAs in SoCal (the HQ). Then I was set up for 3 meetings in the town where the job is. In all I spent over 7 hours being grilled thoroughly but I didn't mind as they seemed sincere in their efforts. After the final (7th!) meeting I heard nothing. The final guy must have nixed me as the other 6 would not have suggested we meet if they didn't feel it was a fit. (Final guy is known for being tough, but our hour long meeting included such detailed discussion that I thought we were clicking.) I totally misjudged this, but cannot believe they didn't bother with closure after taking up so much of my (& their!) time. Would never interview with them again.
    Update: After several weeks I heard from the recruiter who said the VP was happy with me but insisted they find one other candidate before he made a decision. I guess they were going to ask me to hang tight while they kept looking. I had already accepted another offer, so I had no interest. It's one thing to have high standards, but if there are no other candidates worthy of meeting this guy, the recruiter should have presented his findings on paper & told him, "This is what's out there...you met the best one." They could have filled the position as I was quite interested. Still, my new job is great, so maybe they did me a favor.

Interview Questions

• None too tough - they were thorough, but relevant - each person was really quite good at interviewing.   Answer Question

Staff Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview

Had the initial phone interview, it went well, all basic questions. After a week Hiring Manager called to schedule onsite interview. Onsite interview was for 3 hours and with 6 people which included engineers, Director, Senior Managers. All of them were very professional. They asked questions about the projects I worked on and went deep into that technically.

Interview Questions

Declined the offer, as I got a better offer.

ASIC Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus placement drive

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview

Interview went well, the main thing asked me was to describe the life of a packet over switched environment v/s routed environment. Basic C questions and puzzles

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Called by recruiter went over resume

Received a better offer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview

submitted resume online and received a phone call during hiring season (months later). had two phone interviews and was asked to come for a in-person interview. met with 3 other managers for about 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• describe an event you have planned - walk me through the process   Answer Question