Brocade Communications

88 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. There was no phone interview. Came in for an in person and met with two managers back to back.

Interview Question – No technical questions at all. Was all about my resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Director IT Interview

Director IT

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter and then hiring manager. Then they flew me to their offices. In office interview was very "efficient". 30 min interviews with 4 people. That was it. Then they handed me off to the recruiter and we negotiated details. They wanted me to start quickly, I needed some time as I was relocating so was able to negotiate start date.

Interview Question – Mostly questions around Oracle eBusiness Suite.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sign on bonus was pretty much the only wiggle room. They paid for relocation and met part way on salary.

Supply Chain Analyst Intern Interview

Supply Chain Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details – Behavior Questions

Interview Question – Leverage between different business relations   Answer Question

Statistical Forecasting Interview

Statistical Forecasting
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a 30 miniutes phone interview. The questions focus on time series and forecasting methods.

Interview Question – what method of statistical forecasting do you ues?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details – A recruiter for Brocade contacted me & after a lengthy phone screen set me up for 3 more phone screens with EAs in SoCal (the HQ). Then I was set up for 3 meetings in the town where the job is. In all I spent over 7 hours being grilled thoroughly but I didn't mind as they seemed sincere in their efforts. After the final (7th!) meeting I heard nothing. The final guy must have nixed me as the other 6 would not have suggested we meet if they didn't feel it was a fit. (Final guy is known for being tough, but our hour long meeting included such detailed discussion that I thought we were clicking.) I totally misjudged this, but cannot believe they didn't bother with closure after taking up so much of my (& their!) time. Would never interview with them again.
Update: After several weeks I heard from the recruiter who said the VP was happy with me but insisted they find one other candidate before he made a decision. I guess they were going to ask me to hang tight while they kept looking. I had already accepted another offer, so I had no interest. It's one thing to have high standards, but if there are no other candidates worthy of meeting this guy, the recruiter should have presented his findings on paper & told him, "This is what's out there...you met the best one." They could have filled the position as I was quite interested. Still, my new job is great, so maybe they did me a favor.

Interview Question – None too tough - they were thorough, but relevant - each person was really quite good at interviewing.   Answer Question

Staff Test Engineer Interview

Staff Test Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details – Had the initial phone interview, it went well, all basic questions. After a week Hiring Manager called to schedule onsite interview. Onsite interview was for 3 hours and with 6 people which included engineers, Director, Senior Managers. All of them were very professional. They asked questions about the projects I worked on and went deep into that technically.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question was "What is Ohms Law"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Declined the offer, as I got a better offer.

ASIC Engineer Interview

ASIC Engineer

Interviewed at Brocade Communications

Interview Details – Campus placement drive

Interview Question – Setup and Hold time constraints   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in November 2012.

Interview Details – Usually, recruiter contacts you for a mtching position. If the skill set matches, the phone interview happens for initial screeningfor 20-30 minutes. Once that goes fine, you are called for an onsite interview which is quite detailed and thorough. It is 4-5 hours process in which 4- 5 come one by one and ask you technical questions related to the requirement.

Interview Question – In my case, it was QA job in server load balancing in L4-L7 area, so many questions were asked about the TCP/IP stack.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details – Interview went well, the main thing asked me was to describe the life of a packet over switched environment v/s routed environment. Basic C questions and puzzles

Interview Question – puzzles   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in September 2012.

Interview Details – excellent -- organized and responsive

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for Brocade Communications? Contribute to the Community!