Brocade Communications

Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in June 2009.

Very professional and complete. Got a good sense of the people, the position and the company. Was very very happy with the whole process. Really increased my excitement for joining the company.

There were some hangups in the process, but they were communicated and explained very well. It did take a bit longer than I would like, but it was still one of the best interview processes I have gone through.

NOTHING like the BS they put you through at Google

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stands out, they were all very standard questions for the role.   View Answer
    Very very open, honest, and in the end generous.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2009.

basic, nothing special, just technical question surrounding routing, switching

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in March 2009.

This was your basic behavioral interview. They asked how you worked in group settings, a time you were a leader, and other similar questions. Based on my interaction, I felt a warm connection from the interviewer. She was very bubbly and made the interview feel more like a conversation. Overall, I like the company and felt it would have been a good learning experience if given an offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in August 2008.

lengthy lengthy lengthy

easy

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2008.

Met with 5 people, very technical interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions in a field so new that nobody would know the answer.   Answer Question
    Straight forward.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2008.

Found out about the company at a career fair and gave my resume to the on-site recruiter. Was contacted a couple of months later by another recruiter, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then invited to a several hour long on-site interview with extended team and director. Received an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question - "How would you feel about finishing in last place after you just finished a marathon?"   Answer Question
    Make sure you are happy with your starting base pay as it not likely to change very much unless you are promoted.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brocade Communications in March 2008.

A candidate is typically notified by a recruiter for a screening interview. The hiring managers receive resumes from the recruite and let the recruiter know who they want to interview. Linked in is also used to located candidates. Typically once past the recruiter the next interview will be the hiring manager and if acceptable, then an interview is scheduled with several collegues or peers within the team.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where your manager did not support your ideas or suggestions.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in January 2008.

Only had one interview and a follow up over the phone to discuss salary before they issued offer letter. HR and interviewer where very pleasant.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brocade Communications in August 2014.

I had posted my profile over Naukri. Brocade HR took my resume from there and called me for a f2f interview on August 28th 2014. I went to their site, and found that HR was not picking the call, and for which I had to wait for half an hour. After that some guy came and took me to some meeting room and asked me to wait there. That guy came to the meeting room and said, he got my resume some 15 minutes back and he wanted to hear from me.

This entire process looked like unplanned or not a well structured one. First impression about the company itself got reduced. If they cant just plan for an interview, what can they plan for the employees or customer?

He had a look at my resume and said he will have few basic questions.

He started with allocating memory for 2-d array dynamically. Then it was followed by writing an efficient program for prime number. Later a question on linked list, to find and break the loop in a linked list.

I felt, the interviewer was expecting all the solutions to be of similar lines of how he thinks of the problem solution. Hence had to take my time to explain my views to him. Overall not a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • He asked if I know the profile, what I have been interviewing for. I was stunned to know his requirement   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brocade Communications.

Local Tele Discussion, Local F2F Discussions and one US Call