Brocade Communications Interview Questions & Reviews

88 interviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Brocade to set up a telephonic interview. The interview was relatively easy and consisted of questions on sockets, VLANs, TCP/IP, ARP. Then they asked about my projects, some operating systems concepts like difference between thread and process. Finally he concluded the interview saying he thinks I am suitable for a software engineer in test and not a software developer. Key point being not a single coding question asked yet he arrives at that conclusion.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Brocade Communications in October 2009.

I was contacted by a friend that Brocade had several opportunities for a Contract Recruiter and so I went on-line and applied to the position. i received an E-mail confirmation and was contacted the next day by the hiring manager. We had a brief discussion on my background ( 45 minutes) and scheduled a time to meet the following day. I met the hiring manager, a peer, and the Staffing Director for approx, 30 minutes each. I was asked to cover past projects. number of openings that I responsible for, average time to fill those openings, etc. The questions were pretty straight forward and were well thought out.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the Applicant Tracking System (if any) that was used in your hiring process   View Answer
    • Describe the details of full-cycle recruitment   Answer Question
    The hourly pay was non-negotiable as I fit the profile of existing Contractors and was brought in as the same hourly amount as my peers. I found the hourly pay to be competitive with the market.

Internship In Compliance and Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in April 2010.

The interviewer is a director of audit and compliance. He is an executive. He asks just basic questions about your background and fit with the company but he values the fact that you have good communication skills and you go streight to the point. He has a british/australian accent and he speaks really fast.

Interview Questions
    • What soft skills did you learn in your MBA?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Brocade Communications in November 2009.

There was an initial conversation with the HR personnel followed by a phone interview and after that an onsite day long interview was scheduled that consisted of my meeting everyone in their organization.

Questions were related to product management and pricing and background experience and the interview over the phone had a puzzle to be solved. The HR personnel was unresponsive over email and had to be contacted frequently.

Interview Questions
    • What metrics would you use to define the success of a product you have launched?   Answer Question
    • What factors would you consider when pricing our X product ?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in January 2008.

Only had one interview and a follow up over the phone to discuss salary before they issued offer letter. HR and interviewer where very pleasant.

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Brocade Communications in December 2009.

Brocade strung me on by scheduling interviews with 8 people that didn't lead anywhere. When I tried to get feedback from the in-house recruiter, she promised to respond w/in 24 hours, but I never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Dell is currently selling like a Wal-Mart. We want them to sell like a Nordstroms. How would you go about getting Dell to sell like a Nordstoms?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in June 2009.

Very professional and complete. Got a good sense of the people, the position and the company. Was very very happy with the whole process. Really increased my excitement for joining the company.

There were some hangups in the process, but they were communicated and explained very well. It did take a bit longer than I would like, but it was still one of the best interview processes I have gone through.

NOTHING like the BS they put you through at Google

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stands out, they were all very standard questions for the role.   View Answer
    Very very open, honest, and in the end generous.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2009.

basic, nothing special, just technical question surrounding routing, switching

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Local Tele Discussion, Local F2F Discussions and one US Call

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Recruiter contacted me through one of the job portal, scheduled couple of technical interviews with US folks and India, and then face-to-face interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Interview went pretty OK, mainly on the current projects and challenges.   Answer Question