Brocade Communications Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jun 4, 2015

3.1

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager was late-left me in a sterile conference room for over 30 minutes. Seemed scattered and uninterested in whether I joined the company or not. Didn't ask many in-depth questions about process or my previous experience.

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 4 weeks later a recruiter contacted me to set up a 30 minute phone interview. A few days later I was notified I moved on to the on-site interview with different hiring managers and people I would work with

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the three different managers. The main hiring manager was extremely pleasant to speak with. He went out of his way to explain what Brocade is all about what Brocade could offer me and what he thought I could offer Brocade. I was then interviewed by another manager, which was also very pleasant. After my visit at the Brocade office, I was interviewed by phone by the final manger. It meant a lot to me that, although busy, he took time to gauge me and gave me a fair shot.

Statistical Forecasting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a 30 miniutes phone interview. The questions focus on time series and forecasting methods.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Usually, recruiter contacts you for a mtching position. If the skill set matches, the phone interview happens for initial screeningfor 20-30 minutes. Once that goes fine, you are called for an onsite interview which is quite detailed and thorough. It is 4-5 hours process in which 4- 5 come one by one and ask you technical questions related to the requirement.

Interview Questions

• In my case, it was QA job in server load balancing in L4-L7 area, so many questions were asked about the TCP/IP stack.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

excellent -- organized and responsive

Negotiation

no negotiation

Senior Manager, Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Process moved very quickly. Initial phone interview lasted about 25 minutes, then I was scheduled to meet with the Director of Adv/Media, Brand manager, and the Sr. Director within 4 days. Each interview lasted 45 minutes. Second round of interviews occurred 3 days later with the Mktg CMO and lasted 45 minutes. Campus is beautiful, people were very friendly and kind, organized, and interviews were insightful. Waiting for written offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Went over skill set, expectations, challenges within company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

has not occurred yet

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Responded to listing back in early June. Received automated thank you. Did not hear anything until July. Recruiter called to say liked my resume, set up call with hiring manager. Manager started off the conversation by letting me know why it was so long until they reached out. They had done full first round of interviews, but no ideal candidates came out of that, so they went back to resumes again - and I am first one they called out of that batch. I really appreciated knowing this off the bat. Going in for formal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager did most of the talking, so nothing too difficult yet   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was for a developer position in the switch group. Contacted by internal recruiter. Initial phone screen with the hiring manager. Interview was non-technical, pretty straight forward, simple questions (what I did in my current job, what I know, what I want to do, etc). Was invited for a face-to-face interview at the company site. Interview questions consisted of protocol knowledge, and some c-interview questions (queues, locks, etc), not too difficult ones. As for the members of the team, I did not get a warm feeling from most of them, no "get to know you" talk, hardly any smiles, very dry and non-personal. Did not sense any excitement from them about their job or technology. Maybe because most of them has been there 8+ yrs. I was told by the hiring manger she/Brocade would get back to me within a few days with a decision. Lets just say, I sent a few emails (to recruiter and hiring manger), left voice mails, finally heard back from them after three weeks. Status - the hiring manger is still looking at other candidates and would get back to me "soon" and thanked me for my patience. Btw, this is week four. :) I think I should take the hint by now. lol. To recap, I was very disappointed with the whole interview process. Did not get opportunity to get to know member of team on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Basic question about stacks, queues, multi-core programing, FC protocol basics (login related).   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. While the staff was nice enough in person, scheduling the interview and the aftermath was extremely frustrating. It took months of follow-up to finally get the interview after the initial phone screening. A lot of it stemmed from the hiring manager taking his sweet time about finally scheduling a date for me to come in a meet the team. I had considered the lead dead after they hadn't returned my calls (or emails) for over a month when a second recruiter called me and asked me to finally come in for my interview. It lasted for 2 hours and I met with 3 out of 4 team members who I was scheduled to talk with. The 4th person didn't even bother to show up, nor let the other team members know that. The interviewers talked for most of it and rarely asked me anything about myself. The only time I spoke of my experience was when I thought it was necessary to relate to the conversation. Overall, I though the interview itself went well and the hiring manager even walked me out. He said that the next step would be to follow up with the recruiter in a week. The rest of the experience went as follows: Contacted recruiter exactly one week after the interview Recruiter said they weren't ready yet and it would be a few days I followed up one week from them Same story The third time around, the recruiter seemed a bit annoyed and told me that she would definitely let me know if there was any news I wanted patiently for exactly 30 days before I contacted her again The recruiter said the job had been put on hold So...that's it? The job was put on hold after all that? Come on. The least they could've done was send out a mass email to all the people who applied and essentially wasted hours of time from the Brocade managers and myself. Brocade, you need to do a better job. I have such a poor taste from this company from this experience and if I ever find myself as a potential customer of yours I will not consider your business.