Brocade Communications

Brocade Communications Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

3.1

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in April 2010.

The hiring process at this company is a joke. The so called "University Program" recruiters have no clue how to do their job. I followed up my recruiter and was brushed off repeatedly. Word of advise: make sure you are interviewed as a real interviewee...not as a university interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • How do I feel that I would benefit from the university program training?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in June 2009.

Very professional and complete. Got a good sense of the people, the position and the company. Was very very happy with the whole process. Really increased my excitement for joining the company.

There were some hangups in the process, but they were communicated and explained very well. It did take a bit longer than I would like, but it was still one of the best interview processes I have gone through.

NOTHING like the BS they put you through at Google

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stands out, they were all very standard questions for the role.   View Answer
    Very very open, honest, and in the end generous.

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in December 2009.

Overall very positive. professionally done

Interview Questions
    was able to negotiate abit

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in January 2012.

Referral by employee, followed by phone contact from hiring manager. Applied through the online system and received a phone call from a recruiter within a few days to schedule a phone interview. It took about one week to schedule the phone interview and then two more weeks to schedule an in-person interview. The recruiter was very responsive to my inquiries during this time and always got back to me in a timely manner. The interview was scheduled about one weekout and included an agenda that contained two interviews, one each with the hiring manager and the director of the department. The in-person interviews went really well and I was excited and positive, that I would receive an offer.

Within a few hours, I heard back from the hiring manager that the interviews were great and that the recruiter would contact me soon with an offer. I did not hear from the recruiter, but the hiring manager called within 24 hours and said that they were enthused about me, but one more interview with a cross-functional team member would be needed; and proceeded to scheduled it for me. Then, HR contacted me within 24 more hours and scheduled another phone interview with me. The phone interview with the team member from another department was okay, but somewhat awkward because it focused on skills that I obviously didn't have to the extent that this person would have wanted. I called the hiring manager afterwards, and we discussed this concern. The hiring manager and the department director were aware of it, said it wasn't important, and still wanted to go ahead. Then the HR phone interview, a so-called "screening", took place. It was very thorough and covered all imaginable questions, from my time at school to where I was at the time, and everything in between. Very exhausting and...unexpected. Why, I wondered, this took place at this time in the interviewing process?

Within a few hours after the HR interview, I received a phone call from the hiring manager, that yet another interview had to be scheduled, with another cross-functional team member, but from another department. This felt very strange, but since the hiring manager assured me once again, that it would be a mere "formality", I agreed and forwarded my availability for the requested day. The day came and went, with nobody contacting me, or confirming any specific time. I contacted the hiring manager and was told that this person would be busy in meetings and, instead of arranging the interview for me, I was given the email address to arrange it myself - which I did. This was at the beginning of the week, and the phone call wasn't scheduled until the end of the week. I thought that this was strange, since the department director had shared with me how urgent they'd want to hire someone. Anyway, when the day came, the person called me a few minutes after the agreed-upon time. What followed then was the weirdest interview I've had thus far. The issue of my insufficient skills in that one particular area that came up before were tested and tried and found not to be good enough. The person told me quite frankly at that time, that I would not be the right person for the job, and we could end the interview right now because there was no use in wasting any more of each others' time. The call ended.

I sent an email to the hiring manager. The response came a few hours later, when the hiring manager left a voice mail: The last interview did not go so well, that person used all means and clout to get the VP of the department to let the hiring manager know that I would not be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember the exact question, but if focused on an area that in which I obviously didn't have skills or experience.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in April 2012.

Initial communication was with the HR, resulted in a phone call with questions on background and interest. Next step was a phone screening with the Hiring Manager after which was called in to interview on site. Had 7 rounds of 1:1 interviews, half an hour each. Was very well organized. The interviews were in depth and detailed, focus was on analytical and problem solving skills. Was given a campus tour, people in general seemed very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you faced an unfriendly client.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in December 2009.

I was scheduled to interview with all people on one day. After I arrived I found out that two people had cancelled and I needed t come back. This wasn't optimal.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to discuss Brocade's position in the industry from a competitive standpoint and what I think the company needed to do to win.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in November 2012.

Usually, recruiter contacts you for a mtching position. If the skill set matches, the phone interview happens for initial screeningfor 20-30 minutes. Once that goes fine, you are called for an onsite interview which is quite detailed and thorough. It is 4-5 hours process in which 4- 5 come one by one and ask you technical questions related to the requirement.

Interview Questions
    • In my case, it was QA job in server load balancing in L4-L7 area, so many questions were asked about the TCP/IP stack.   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2011.

After a couple of emails and telephone conversations to set up an interview time, came in for Round 1 consisting of sequential 1:1 with hiring mgr and then three members of the team. Then Round 2 a week later with hiring manager's peers and one senior. No panels, all 1:1. No written assessments to complete.

Perceptions: Team-oriented culture.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2009.

basic, nothing special, just technical question surrounding routing, switching

Senior Manager, Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brocade Communications in August 2012.

Process moved very quickly. Initial phone interview lasted about 25 minutes, then I was scheduled to meet with the Director of Adv/Media, Brand manager, and the Sr. Director within 4 days. Each interview lasted 45 minutes. Second round of interviews occurred 3 days later with the Mktg CMO and lasted 45 minutes. Campus is beautiful, people were very friendly and kind, organized, and interviews were insightful. Waiting for written offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Went over skill set, expectations, challenges within company.   View Answer
    has not occurred yet