Brocade Communications

3.1

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Replenishment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in January 2012.

I was emailed by the recruiter to set up a time to have a phone interview. I did an initial phone screen with the recruiter and then scheduled another phone interview with a key player on the team the very next day. That phone interview went well, primarily asked me about relevant experience that I have had with regards to the position and he spent a lot of time talking to me about what the position is. Then the feedback was good so they brought me onsite, even offering to fly me up to San Jose. I was pretty impressed with the recruiting process up to now. They seemed to take really good care of their people. The onsite happened in which I spoke with four key members for 30 min each. They talked about various parts of the company i.e., the job, the culture, the team, and they asked a lot of behavioral questions and questions about my own career interests. In the end, I think they continued to interview other candidates, and after over two months, I still have not heard back from them regarding a final decision. I have followed up but they keep deferring the decision, so at this point I'm accepting that they probably are going to go with someone else. The interview process was great until this last bit when they were unable to make a decision for so long.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2011.

After a couple of emails and telephone conversations to set up an interview time, came in for Round 1 consisting of sequential 1:1 with hiring mgr and then three members of the team. Then Round 2 a week later with hiring manager's peers and one senior. No panels, all 1:1. No written assessments to complete.

Perceptions: Team-oriented culture.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2011.

A totally deplorable experience at Brocade. This was the first time I was caught in the crossfire of company politics as an interviewee.

I clear the mandatory phone screen. In fact it took four weeks to set that up. The first round of face to face was smooth. They got me to sign an NDA. No tough questions were asked. Brocade was on a hiring spree and they looked desperate to get me on board. So far so good. But so far it was just the marketing team and they were all nice and lovey-dovey.

I then get invited to the final round of face to face interviews with the extended team. It was just two guys. The first guy was nice. He had come over from Foundry and he was trying to judge my fit. Nothing difficult. But this guy gave me a glimpse into what was coming for me. He told me the previous guy in the role I was interviewing for got fired! I couldn't believe I was hearing this. Anyway this guy was just trying to be nice to me by being truthful. Indirectly he was telling me to watch out for the next guy who had gotten the previous guy fired. Apparently there is a lot of drama and politics inside Brocade. Product management and marketing do not get along well. Until recently they were all part of the same org but they have been split into different orgs over the last year. Product Management now blames Marketing for revenue shortfalls. You get the picture. Enter the final guy. This guy was one of the top dogs in their product management org. No pleasantries exchanged. Its straight to brass-tacks with this guy. He sounded very rude and intimidating. Anyway he asks me a lot of questions. Then I ask him how much revenues is your product making. He concedes his product is not a revenue play and thats where I must have ticked him off. He blurts out you are not a fit for this role. Imagine being fired before you even get hired. But I was relieved in a way. Anyway this guy says you have experience but not directly relevant. In that case why did you put me through several rounds of interviews until you tell me this. Wasn't that apparent from my resume in the first place. Anyway you get the picture. He was just trying to make the hiring process as difficult as possible for his marketing counterparts. This company stinks. Stay away.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in December 2010.

Straight forward, quick and efficient.

Interview Questions
    They low balled me and countered but did not get much out of the negotiation.

Eval/Demo Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brocade Communications in July 2010.

Interview with multiple people; interviewers seemed unsure of their role in the interview process

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2010.

Had interview with hiring manager and his one team member. Was asked a series of situational questions for several hours. Was not afforded the opportunity to ask questions about the position and got the sense that they were looking for someone to step in and do the dirty work for them.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with cross functional teams?   View Answer

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in April 2010.

The hiring process at this company is a joke. The so called "University Program" recruiters have no clue how to do their job. I followed up my recruiter and was brushed off repeatedly. Word of advise: make sure you are interviewed as a real interviewee...not as a university interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • How do I feel that I would benefit from the university program training?   Answer Question

Internship In Compliance and Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in April 2010.

The interviewer is a director of audit and compliance. He is an executive. He asks just basic questions about your background and fit with the company but he values the fact that you have good communication skills and you go streight to the point. He has a british/australian accent and he speaks really fast.

Interview Questions
    • What soft skills did you learn in your MBA?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Brocade to set up a telephonic interview. The interview was relatively easy and consisted of questions on sockets, VLANs, TCP/IP, ARP. Then they asked about my projects, some operating systems concepts like difference between thread and process. Finally he concluded the interview saying he thinks I am suitable for a software engineer in test and not a software developer. Key point being not a single coding question asked yet he arrives at that conclusion.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2010.

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, which consisted of only technical Qs. Later there was an onsite interview with written coding round and five 1:1 interviews. Interviewers were team members with varying experience. Most Qs were technical networking related. The coding round consisted of 3 programming Qs with 1.5 hrs. There was no review of code after the interview. All in all it was a pleasant experience. Very disappointing that I could not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you program ACLs for a device?   View Answer
    • How long would you take to join after the offer is made?   Answer Question