Brocade Communications Interview Questions & Reviews in San Jose, CA

3.1

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in August 2008.

lengthy lengthy lengthy

easy

Eval/Demo Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Brocade Communications in July 2010.

Interview with multiple people; interviewers seemed unsure of their role in the interview process

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in April 2010.

The hiring process at this company is a joke. The so called "University Program" recruiters have no clue how to do their job. I followed up my recruiter and was brushed off repeatedly. Word of advise: make sure you are interviewed as a real interviewee...not as a university interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • How do I feel that I would benefit from the university program training?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2010.

Had interview with hiring manager and his one team member. Was asked a series of situational questions for several hours. Was not afforded the opportunity to ask questions about the position and got the sense that they were looking for someone to step in and do the dirty work for them.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with cross functional teams?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2010.

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, which consisted of only technical Qs. Later there was an onsite interview with written coding round and five 1:1 interviews. Interviewers were team members with varying experience. Most Qs were technical networking related. The coding round consisted of 3 programming Qs with 1.5 hrs. There was no review of code after the interview. All in all it was a pleasant experience. Very disappointing that I could not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you program ACLs for a device?   View Answer
    • How long would you take to join after the offer is made?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Brocade to set up a telephonic interview. The interview was relatively easy and consisted of questions on sockets, VLANs, TCP/IP, ARP. Then they asked about my projects, some operating systems concepts like difference between thread and process. Finally he concluded the interview saying he thinks I am suitable for a software engineer in test and not a software developer. Key point being not a single coding question asked yet he arrives at that conclusion.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Brocade Communications in October 2009.

I was contacted by a friend that Brocade had several opportunities for a Contract Recruiter and so I went on-line and applied to the position. i received an E-mail confirmation and was contacted the next day by the hiring manager. We had a brief discussion on my background ( 45 minutes) and scheduled a time to meet the following day. I met the hiring manager, a peer, and the Staffing Director for approx, 30 minutes each. I was asked to cover past projects. number of openings that I responsible for, average time to fill those openings, etc. The questions were pretty straight forward and were well thought out.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the Applicant Tracking System (if any) that was used in your hiring process   View Answer
    • Describe the details of full-cycle recruitment   Answer Question
    The hourly pay was non-negotiable as I fit the profile of existing Contractors and was brought in as the same hourly amount as my peers. I found the hourly pay to be competitive with the market.

Internship In Compliance and Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in April 2010.

The interviewer is a director of audit and compliance. He is an executive. He asks just basic questions about your background and fit with the company but he values the fact that you have good communication skills and you go streight to the point. He has a british/australian accent and he speaks really fast.

Interview Questions
    • What soft skills did you learn in your MBA?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Brocade Communications in November 2009.

There was an initial conversation with the HR personnel followed by a phone interview and after that an onsite day long interview was scheduled that consisted of my meeting everyone in their organization.

Questions were related to product management and pricing and background experience and the interview over the phone had a puzzle to be solved. The HR personnel was unresponsive over email and had to be contacted frequently.

Interview Questions
    • What metrics would you use to define the success of a product you have launched?   Answer Question
    • What factors would you consider when pricing our X product ?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in January 2008.

Only had one interview and a follow up over the phone to discuss salary before they issued offer letter. HR and interviewer where very pleasant.