Brocade Communications

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was for a developer position in the switch group. Contacted by internal recruiter. Initial phone screen with the hiring manager. Interview was non-technical, pretty straight forward, simple questions (what I did in my current job, what I know, what I want to do, etc). Was invited for a face-to-face interview at the company site. Interview questions consisted of protocol knowledge, and some c-interview questions (queues, locks, etc), not too difficult ones. As for the members of the team, I did not get a warm feeling from most of them, no "get to know you" talk, hardly any smiles, very dry and non-personal. Did not sense any excitement from them about their job or technology. Maybe because most of them has been there 8+ yrs.

I was told by the hiring manger she/Brocade would get back to me within a few days with a decision. Lets just say, I sent a few emails (to recruiter and hiring manger), left voice mails, finally heard back from them after three weeks. Status - the hiring manger is still looking at other candidates and would get back to me "soon" and thanked me for my patience. Btw, this is week four. :) I think I should take the hint by now. lol.

To recap, I was very disappointed with the whole interview process. Did not get opportunity to get to know member of team on a personal level.

Interview Question – Basic question about stacks, queues, multi-core programing, FC protocol basics (login related).   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details – Here we give lot of stress on C programming, data structures, OS concepts. Design questions. Also check on level of contribution from previous projects with past employers. All are of course required to be a good subject matter expertise in their field of expertise.

Interview Question – Scale a XYZ protocol from one level of performance to Nth level.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brocade Communications.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, met with engineers, pretty basic stuff

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brocade Communications in May 2010.

Interview Details – Well, once the telephonic round was cleared, I was called for face to face interviews at their office.
On reaching there I could see already 5-10 people names who had come and gone by then while other 5-10 were waiting for different rounds to be completed.
I had to wait for half an hour after which i was interviewed by 4 people 1 after the other and in total it all lasted for about 3.5 - 4 hrs.
Following which an HR came out and congratulated me on clearing it through.
Next day they asked me all my current employment details as a criteria before which they cannot make me an offer.
On supplying them with all the details, since then and now after 45 days I am yet to receive offer letter from them.

On contacting them in this regard, they keep saying its under process and needs approval from headquarters( that's ok , but 45 days??, that's red-tapism getting into private companies or only BROCADE ??).

Rather a couple of time I got call from HR of BROCADE for other teams, and they on getting to know my HUNG offer state with them, excuse themselves saying the same thing, "..We are sorry to not have checked that you have already been offered. But the offer is pending headquarter's approval, and some other HR will get back to you in this regard. Sorry for the delay .."

But till date I haven't got a call from any other HR regarding the offer-letter or what its state thereof.

Totally unprofessional.

Interview Question – Technical questions on Linux and data structures and problem solving.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Though I haven't declined the offer yet(need to have 1 in hand to decline !!!).
But going by the way they seem to handle the things, I don't think it makes any sense to accept the offer, when made.

Worked for Brocade Communications? Contribute to the Community!