Brocade Communications

Updated Dec 30, 2014

3.3

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Called by recruiter went over resume

Received a better offer

Other Interview Reviews for Brocade Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Brocade to set up a telephonic interview. The interview was relatively easy and consisted of questions on sockets, VLANs, TCP/IP, ARP. Then they asked about my projects, some operating systems concepts like difference between thread and process. Finally he concluded the interview saying he thinks I am suitable for a software engineer in test and not a software developer. Key point being not a single coding question asked yet he arrives at that conclusion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2010.

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, which consisted of only technical Qs. Later there was an onsite interview with written coding round and five 1:1 interviews. Interviewers were team members with varying experience. Most Qs were technical networking related. The coding round consisted of 3 programming Qs with 1.5 hrs. There was no review of code after the interview. All in all it was a pleasant experience. Very disappointing that I could not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you program ACLs for a device?   View Answer
    • How long would you take to join after the offer is made?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brocade Communications in December 2014.

applied for an entry level position.

written test followed by a technical and managerial round...

technical round was quite interesting.
    questions ranged from advanced data structures to multithreaded programming.

few random mid level coding questions were asked. code had to written and streamlined.

managerial round was also mostly technical.

got a call after 3 days.

no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brocade Communications in August 2014.

I had posted my profile over Naukri. Brocade HR took my resume from there and called me for a f2f interview on August 28th 2014. I went to their site, and found that HR was not picking the call, and for which I had to wait for half an hour. After that some guy came and took me to some meeting room and asked me to wait there. That guy came to the meeting room and said, he got my resume some 15 minutes back and he wanted to hear from me.

This entire process looked like unplanned or not a well structured one. First impression about the company itself got reduced. If they cant just plan for an interview, what can they plan for the employees or customer?

He had a look at my resume and said he will have few basic questions.

He started with allocating memory for 2-d array dynamically. Then it was followed by writing an efficient program for prime number. Later a question on linked list, to find and break the loop in a linked list.

I felt, the interviewer was expecting all the solutions to be of similar lines of how he thinks of the problem solution. Hence had to take my time to explain my views to him. Overall not a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • He asked if I know the profile, what I have been interviewing for. I was stunned to know his requirement   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications.

Recruiter contacted me through one of the job portal, scheduled couple of technical interviews with US folks and India, and then face-to-face interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Interview went pretty OK, mainly on the current projects and challenges.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications.

It was great, 3 rounds on same day and offer letter within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Find if the program is moving up or down the stack, write the code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First there was a written test. A number of technical, mainly from Clang, questions were asked. Then there were two coding questions, on an online compiler. One was easy, other was dynamic programming based. Interview was purely technical, based on algorithms and data structures.
    Work atmosphere is fine, but you will have a lot of work to do.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brocade Communications.

A very smooth and well communicate and ,timely process. Hiring Manager was very reachable to the extent of explaining granular details of role and responsibility.

Interview Questions
    Initial offer was good and left no space for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in September 2012.

I had a phone interview on sept 10, and 1:1 interview with 4 people on sept 21 which took 4.5 hrs,
    then another round with senior hiring manager on sept 25.

Followed up with, they got back saying , offer is pending approvals and they will revert once they have approvals.
    Dont know hat it means, having my fingers crossed.
    I am having 2 other offers, and soon ready to put my papers. But waiting to hear the decision from Brocade before that.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected in programming. There was design question which I found hard to crack.   Answer Question