Brocade Communications Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Brocade to set up a telephonic interview. The interview was relatively easy and consisted of questions on sockets, VLANs, TCP/IP, ARP. Then they asked about my projects, some operating systems concepts like difference between thread and process. Finally he concluded the interview saying he thinks I am suitable for a software engineer in test and not a software developer. Key point being not a single coding question asked yet he arrives at that conclusion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brocade Communications

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brocade Communications in February 2010.

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, which consisted of only technical Qs. Later there was an onsite interview with written coding round and five 1:1 interviews. Interviewers were team members with varying experience. Most Qs were technical networking related. The coding round consisted of 3 programming Qs with 1.5 hrs. There was no review of code after the interview. All in all it was a pleasant experience. Very disappointing that I could not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you program ACLs for a device?   View Answer
    • How long would you take to join after the offer is made?   Answer Question