Brocade Communications Software Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade Communications (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 45 minute interview..Basic programming concept and networking concepts..overall did very well..but in two days of time there was so many changes..End of the day it wasn't the hiring manager who interviewed...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brocade Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Brocade to set up a telephonic interview. The interview was relatively easy and consisted of questions on sockets, VLANs, TCP/IP, ARP. Then they asked about my projects, some operating systems concepts like difference between thread and process. Finally he concluded the interview saying he thinks I am suitable for a software engineer in test and not a software developer. Key point being not a single coding question asked yet he arrives at that conclusion.

Interview Questions

• What are VLAN's and how do they work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade Communications (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, which consisted of only technical Qs. Later there was an onsite interview with written coding round and five 1:1 interviews. Interviewers were team members with varying experience. Most Qs were technical networking related. The coding round consisted of 3 programming Qs with 1.5 hrs. There was no review of code after the interview. All in all it was a pleasant experience. Very disappointing that I could not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you program ACLs for a device?   1 Answer
    • How long would you take to join after the offer is made?   Answer Question