Brock Solutions Inc.

Brock Solutions Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brock Solutions Inc.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brock Solutions Inc. in August 2011.

First day, I talked to the Senior Engineer. He went over my work experience and my expertise. This interview went for 45 minutes. This was a regular intervie like any other ones.
    Next day I talked to the Business Unit Manager. This interview went little over an hour but it was very interesting and the topics he went over was just awesome. He asked me about a lot of things that I had not thought about in a while. This interview was very detail oriented. I am an Electrical Engineer. He asked everything about myself starting from my highschool, to why I decided to become an Electrical Engineer. I loved this interview and I would love to work for this company based on this interview.
    I felt from this interview that Brock Solutions wants to know all about the candidates they are hiring.
    Even if I don't get hired at Brock Solutions, I will always have respect for the people working at Brock after knowing what details they look at, to hire people in this company.
    The interview with the Unit Manager was the best interview I have had till this day.
    If I ever become successful in future I will give the projects to Brock Solutions if they are one of the companies bidding for a project. I really loved the mind set of this Unit Manager and what type of people he is trying to bring into his company.
    I highly advice anyone to go and work for Brock Solutions if you get that opportunity. Or apply for a position just to face the interview with the Business Unit Manager and have an hour of your lifetime. I am sure you will love the roller-coaster ride you will go through, during the interview. They should have very polished individuals working for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to major in Electrical Engineering?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR after about a month. Had a phone interview with the HR person and was invited to an on-site interview in a week. And the experience was very disappointing.

First the interviewer was more than 1/2 hour late and there was no update as what was going on. When he finally showed up, he offered no explanation. As the interview went on, no of the questions was related to my experience. I applied for, supposedly, a senior position, and the interviewer was seemingly more interested in my first year after university which was a decade ago! By the end of the interview, I felt it was a big waste of time. I learned very little if any about the company and he probably learned very little, if any, about me.

It could just be that I had someone who had absolutely no interview skills and didn't understand what he was looking for. It could just be that person but it made me seriously question the competence of the company having such a person in a leadership position.

Interview Questions
    • The whole interview was full of unexpected questions:))   Answer Question

General Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brock Solutions Inc. in May 2013.

I applied online around the beginning of May. The next week I got a phone call for a telephone screening from the HR person. It was about 5 mins and asked general questions like have you worked in a group environment, what do you like to do for fun, and since I was not living in Kitchener, she asked me if I am willing to relocate. Then she forwarded my resume to the CFO who is supposed to take it further. After the CFO confirmed a time she is available, the HR person called me again and confirmed with me a time for a phone interview with the CFO.

The CFO calls and the interview lasted about 40 mins. The CFO's first question was tell me about yourself from the beginning, not necessarily your work experience but from before that if you can, and combine it with your resume and take me all the way to the present. The questions that followed had to do with my experience and education and some behavioural type questions like how do you feel about working with a team, name a time you had to deal with a conflict, what would you do if you didnt meet deadlines, etc. She also asked some accounting questions so be prepared by reading the job description well and anticipate accounting related questions.

The CFO told me at the end of the phone interview that she was impressed and she will talk to the HR person to arrange for an in-person interview. So the HR person called me the next day and booked an in-person interview for the following week. I went in for the interview and I arrived early because it was a long drive. While I was waiting, employees were very courteous, saying hi as they passed by and one even asked me for water, juice of coffee.

When the time was up, I was called in for the interview. It was with the CFO and the controller. The CFO started by asking me the same questions that she asked over the phone, which I found was a little strange, but I guess she wanted the controller to hear my answers. The controller asked me questions related to my experience and my education while the CFO asked me behavioural questions. It was obvious that the CFO already knew what she wanted to know about my education/experience as she repeatedly said she was impressed.

I was asked a lot of personality type questions. Some questions I was asked I would never think would come up in an interview, like "what is a personality trait you cant stand in other people" or "what word do people use to describe you". After they were done interviewing me, they called in their head accountant. The CFO and controller went for a coffee break and the head accountant sat there and we chatted for a while. It was obvious to me that they wanted the head accountant's input as to whether or not I would be a good fit for the team. After a few minutes they came back and we talked a bit more, making jokes and what not and I was on my way. The interview lasted about 1.5 hours even though it was scheduled for 1 hour.

Overall, the CFO probed into my personality while the controller asked me about my education/experience. Towards the end it became friendly, with them asking me if I would be willing to dress up for Halloween and making jokes about different things. I was actually surprised that I didnt get an offer but I assumed they found someone who was better in a team environment, as my experience is mostly in an individual setting.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when you cannot meet a deadline on time no matter how hard you work?   View Answer

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brock Solutions Inc. in August 2012.

Phone interview that is based on technical knowledge followed by in-person interview with 2 (or so) engineers that look into personal skills and history.

Interview Questions
    • Give three weakness that your supervisor would say you have.
      Why do you think he would say those three weakness?
        Answer Question

Pay was lower then what I felt the position warranted

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brock Solutions Inc. in March 2012.

Typical 3 step process. Phone interview, in person interview, phone interview with offer.
    Phone interview done by HR. Typical behavioral questions.
    In person interview was with the whole management structure of the department. Very easy going.
    Last part was between HR, management and myself and ended with an offer.

Non-negotiable.

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Brock Solutions Inc. in August 2008.

There was 3 - 1:1 interviews. Typical interview questions nothing too difficult.