Bronto Software Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview processes moved pretty quickly in the beginning. Phone call with a recruiter. Followed by a call with the hiring manager that same week. The following week I was flown out for a half day of interviewing with the VP of Sales, two managers, and a team member. The interviews were individual not panel. After that the process dragged on. The company was in the process of being sold. Followed up every two weeks for about a month and a half being told I was still in the running but there was a chance the position could be moved to a different location. It was. I understand the complexities of a company going through a merger, the only thing I would have asked is for better communication. Other than that, positive experience. I hope the company can keep it culture with the changes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a customer had an issue that couldn't be resolved, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with HR. They brought me in for an in-person interview. I was walked around the (very nice) office space and given a brief overview of the company. Then taken to the room where I'd be interviewing. The actual interview part took 4 hours. 4 different interviews with small groups of people. First 3 were all technical. (one about design/architecture, one with whiteboard coding and one with actual coding on a machine.) The last one was with the Directory of Development. Overall, a very good interview. The questions were tough, but useful (no "trick" questions, and all were about actual design or development)

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA, so sorry, no actual questions. But, they asked about system design. This involved 2 different scenarios, and they constantly asked "what about this" type of questions. The programming interviews were also scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Product Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bronto Software.

Interview

15 minute interview. Great couple of guys, very enthusiastic! Two gentleman asked about 4 questions each, with time for me to ask questions at the end. Given that I was not quite qualified for the position, they gave me numerous options to pursue (so as to better my position). Even though I wasn't a fit for the current company need, I left the interview encouraged. They did not simply tell me 'No'. They explained what I lacked, and gave me an example of how to correct it. Thanks to Bronto for the only time I felt encouraged when I was rejected. Well done! I wish this company well, and look forward to a chance to interview again!

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

After an informal phone screen was invited to come and have an in person interview. Upon arriving was given a tour of the office by HR. Had several meetings with different supervisors of multiple departments & Sr developers. Sr developers asked several questions regarding the use of several PHP functions. The other meetings with the management team were much more informal.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bronto Software in February 2015.

Interview

Just a couple phone screens each time with a different person. Questions were generic and I believe they were trying to gauge my fit with experience in a different industry.

Interview Questions

Interview

They just blow smoke at you and promise you if you work hard you'll grow. Some of the people asked borderline questions and seemed rude. Very bizarre. Interesting in reading glass door and seeing it, you can actually see some of the things said here come through in the interview process. Thanks glass door.

Interview Questions

• I think some of the people there are trying to throw you because the Senior people ask bizarre questions that border on illegal   Answer Question

Heard from others how they don't pay bonuses promised and about the politics plus base salary was lower than you can make at home depot.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

A corporate recruiter contacted me to do an initial phone screening, and was very nice. We just discussed my resume, salary requirements, etc. The next step was a phone interview (I was not local to Durham) with who would be my manager, and had about a 45 minute conversation. She was very forthcoming with details about the position and Bronto's culture, and we had a great discussion. A few weeks later, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The interview was actually comprised of three interviews, totaling 3 hours. I was greeted by my corporate recruiter, who took me on a tour of the offices, and then to a very small conference room for my first interview. I met with the position's managers, then two peers, and then the CEO. I thought it was great that the CEO wanted to take the time to talk with me, so I got some really good insight into the company. Everyone was very friendly and relaxed, and it felt more like a conversation than an interview. Overall, it was a positive experience, except it did take them a very long time to make a decision after my interview. It was a new position, so they were still figuring out the job's scope, which understandably took a while. I was obviously anxious to hear, so that was the only frustrating part. Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any odd questions like what song describes me (though I did prepare an answer!). Most difficult question wasn't a hard one for most people, but was, "What do you do outside of work to improve your career?" I believe they were looking for me to be attending networking groups, seminars, etc. outside of work hours, which I just don't do because of family reasons. So I think it's important to them that you're more than a 9-5 employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC).

Interview

Interview process started with an unexpected 'phone interview' then followed by an in-person interview. Overall process took almost two weeks. In-person interview started off with a tour of the office then I was interviewed with two associates that I would be closely working with. Being interviewed by them was fine, I almost felt that I was having a conversation instead of the interview with them. The next portion of the interview involved the VP of Client Services and a Manager. It was great up until they started throwing me questions where they did not feel my answers were living up to their expectations. With one particular question they had asked me, the VP actually questioned my answer to the point where it felt like I was lying to them, as if I had given them a wrong answer. These questions were open-ended, there was no right or wrong answer to them. From that point on, the interview went downhill and lost my confidence. I have never been in an interview where I felt as close as being insulted because I did not answer a question 'right'. However, I acknowledged that there were questions that required you to think quickly on your feet, which I totally understand. Overall, the interview left a bad taste in my mouth -- the VP of Client Services gave me a very bad vibe, honestly. The company seems to be living off of too much 'charity work' and seemed as if they had way too much time on their hands doing really 'fun activities'. When do they even have time to work? After the interview, I didn't feel like I would mesh well with environment. I have never felt relieved and somewhat happy in receiving news that I was not extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• What superhero would you be and why? What song would you choose that closely relates to your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bronto Software (Durham, NC).

Interview

I applied for the Support Associate role through Bronto's website and was contacted via email requesting face to face interview. Once I confirmed the interview, an HR representative sent me a very clear interview schedule outlining who I would be meeting with and for how long, and where to go. This communication was very prompt. After arriving for my interview I was given a tour of the office space by an HR recruiter before the interview process began. I had three sessions of interviews that day, the first being with associates I would be working with directly, the second with the VP of Client Services and the hiring manager for my role, and the third a more informal Q & A wrap up with the recruiter. Everyone I met with was welcoming and polite. I felt as though everyone gave me a chance to speak and that the interview, although paced by questions, was more of a conversation. After my initial interview, I was contacted within about 48 hours with positive feedback about my interview and requesting a time to interview with the CEO. This second trip to Bronto was just as pleasant, and my time with Joe was informative into the culture and direction the company is headed, and also into Joe himself. After I accepted the position I got a personal call from Joe welcoming me to the team.

Interview Questions

• It's tough to prepare for questions like "Tell me a song that describes your work ethic and why." But come on, those questions are simply to see how you think off the cuff and make things a bit more personal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My salary requirements were initially countered to a bit less than my previous salary, which was worrisome. However, after being upfront about the financial logistics of making the move work for me and my family, Bronto came through and offered a package that should put me near my initial request, with bonuses and the like.

Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bronto Software.

Interview

Brief phone interview with a manager which was quite unexpected. Follow up with an in-person interview. Interview with two associates were fine -- VP of client services was off-putting -- made me feel tense and uncomfortable throughout the rest of the interview. At first, the company seemed appealing due to its 'laid-back' working atmosphere but I was given the impression that the company relies too much on 'extra-curricular' activities. I would definitely vouch for any previous employee of this company that gave it a mediocre review.

Interview Questions

• What bothers you most about your co-workers? What superhero would you be and why? What song can you most relate to?   Answer Question