Bronx Defenders

Relevance Date Difficulty

Civil Legal Advocate Interview

Civil Legal Advocate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bronx Defenders in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was told about the interview 6 days before having to fly to NYC from the west coast. There was no initial phone interview. The interview consisted of a panel interview and was a maximum of 30 minutes long. Interview questions mainly centered on the experiences highlighted in my cover letter and resume. Prior to the interview, I was given a tour around the building.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly centered on the experiences highlighted in my resume.   Answer Question
  • Another question involved whether I would be comfortable defending individuals accused of crimes.   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Investigator
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bronx Defenders in September 2011.

Interview Details – I initially applied to the Bronx Defenders through idealist.org and was e-mailed by the Hiring Manager to schedule an interview. When I arrived at the Bronx Defender's location, the Hiring Manager took me into a room where three executives of the organization interviewed me. It was fairly simple. The three executives asked me questions such as: "Do you feeling comfortable investigating cases which have to do with murder, rapes, or drugs?", "Do you feel you can assist the legal attorney to collect as much information as possible to support the defense?", "Tell us why you want to become an investigator", and "Do you feel comfortable in a certain scenario where you have to gather information from the victim and the victim is in the hospital crying, being violent, etc?" They did not ask me questions regarding my strengths, weaknesses or the passions I have for this type of work. As far as being hired, I am still waiting for a response or the status of the position. Overall, I did come across a positive environment and a very impressive professional setting -- taking into account that the building is located in the not so "well-to-do" south Bronx.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable with using a camera and using your language skills to gather information form witnesses or suspects?   Answer Question
  • Do you feel you can contribute a robust investigation of any case given to you?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Investigator

Interviewed at Bronx Defenders

Interview Details – Meet with 4 people at once. They are all very friendly and conversation flows easily. They ask a rang of questions about your background, interest in the position, why criminal defense, etc. They ask if you are comfortable working with people accused of crimes, such as rape.

Interview Question – They test your Spanish on the spot with a native spanish speaker.   Answer Question

Worked for Bronx Defenders? Contribute to the Community!