Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com

Brookdale Senior Living Health and Wellness Director Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in September 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was slow, but encouraging Interviewed with several clinical directors including the regional and divisional director and the executive director of the building. Hiring process was very smooth and the only hold ups were due to back-ground checks and physicals. This was not surprising and very common with and role d/t the clinical aspect of the job.

Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online. I had an initial phone interview with a company recruiter. I then received a call from a regional corporate nurse, and interviewed with her. After that, i had an interview with the community's Executive Director.

I was asked to take a battery of tests online - personality, basic skills and reasoning tests, etc.

I was then asked to come back to the community, and meet with the other community managers - the Clare Bridge Coordinator, Maintenance Director, Resident Care Coordinator, and anyone else that cared to make an appointment to interview me.

After I accepted the job offer, I submitted to a background check and a drug test.

Interview Question – How have you handled employees that have disobeyed you?   View Answer

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview experience has been wonderful and very inviting.

Interview Question – How to handle conflict.   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Director

I applied in-person - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to an ad in the paper. I was given an application to fill out and toured the building speaking to the administrative assistant. I was next called by the RN case manager for an interview. We spoke at length for about an hour. That went quite well. The next interview was a phone interview with the RDO. We were both from the same home state, so that gave us common ground to talk about and we knew some common areas. The last interview was with the Staffer. I didnt hear from anyone for about a month. Then I got a call with a job offer and a salary. My current job topped the salary offered and then Brookdale upped theirs and I took the job. I havent regretted it.

Interview Question – Why are you applying for a job that you have no experience in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered and my current employer raised my salary, then Brookdale upped theirs and I accepted the job.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!