Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.5

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Got an interview quickly, the promptly got back to me with a time. There were two interviewers because I was applying under two different departments. They were very friendly and personable, it was more like a conversation than an interview. They really wanted someone with an upbeat and positive personality.

Interview Questions

• Have you waited tables before? Have you worked with the elderly before? What is your current schedule like? What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

The interview for this position was exhaustive. I met with probably every single person who worked in a leadership position there -- plus some who were not in leadership positions. Everyone was very nice, and the interview questions were easy to answer. I did have to go in for 2 separate interviews -- the first with their executive director as well as their office manager and the person currently in the position. Then, a few days later, I met with 2 of the residents and their sales manager. I saw probably the whole facility, though I'm not entirely sure why that was necessary. It was all for naught, though, because the wage they offered was pitiful and actually a little disconcerting. Definitely made me feel that Brookdale -- the largest assisted living company in the US, by the way -- doesn't really care that much about their residents and will let just anyone cart their seniors around. This position has too much responsibility and work associated with it to be valued so low.

Resident Programs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in July 2015.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Conducted both in person and over the phone with corporate office. Met with two managers in person 1:1 each conducted the interview questions which did last over an hour combined then third step was a phone interview with a corporate representative which lasted about another 30 minutes.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Cleveland, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview scheduled at my comvenience, met with Health & Wellness Director and Health Care Coordinator then Director. Position offered on the spot. Background check done. Then TB test and Drug Test.

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to get things done in a facility?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to work every other weekend?   1 Answer

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Brighton, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

very friendly and not stress full at all. informative about benefits and job duties. one on one interview not overwhelming quick and to the point. went in one day for a walk threw with maintenance lead and got a call to come in the next day had the interview the next day and go a call the following day stating i got the job. been to several interviews with other companies before that they had me jumping threw hoops. this interview process was prompt and professional.

Interview Questions

• in a situation when your doing a work order and a tenant asks for you your help what would you do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Health and Wellness Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Ormond Beach, FL).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email by a Brookdale Senior Living Recruiter. She set up my first interview with her via phone. The next interview was with the Divisional Clinical Director and that along with the first interview went well. I then met with one of the Executive Directors and yet another. My final Executive Director Interview was wonderful and stressful at the same time. He spent so much time with me and was quite thorough and by the end of my interview I knew that we would be part of a great team together. I was offered the postion later that week. I am impressed with this company and I know that it is the perfect fit for both of us. I felt a great deal of support from the Divisional Clinical Director.

Interview Questions

• Targeted Interview Questions   1 Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

simple and quick, really wanted to know about my availability. Offered tour of building. Informed me of new wage scale, based on number of years working as licensed nurse. Only had one interview, however now increased to two interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, based on new wage scale.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in June 2015.

Interview

Provided resume, applied online, received call from Executive Director; 2 different interviews, 2 different jobs, very very low pay for both positions, unwilling to negotiate or consider years of experience, no assistants for either position, taking care of 110+ and 150+ residents plus being a driver because they won't hire enough people to do the job. Very easy questions over a 10-15 minute interview with Exe Dir. Praised in interviewed, complimented on outstanding knowledge and 25+ years within the field doing this position, my accumulated experience, and skills. Emailed a generic rejection letter 3 weeks later stating they have "chosen someone with more experience that better fit their needs." Such a joke! Don't waste time on this company if you have any experience or expect a respectful wage.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Westerville, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with one manager. She asked me questions from a paper and wrote down my answers. It was a pretty basic interview. The questions were easy but the interview seemed robotic.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Fremont, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was scheduled promptly. It was very informative and professional with what the expectations of the position were. Although, I was asked to wait for some time for my appointment, the interview went over their time limit but went well. I was asked many questions, and aloud to answer without feeling rushed. Would have preferred a higher rate of pay to be offered but they were very strict from the beginning about absolutely no negotiations were going to be made.The experience overall was worth it.

Interview Questions

• Many hypothetical questions were asked.   1 Answer