Brookdale Senior Living

77 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Director Interview

Salisbury, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in July 2013.

Interview Details – The actual process is quite lengthy; approximately 5 months from start to actual offer. I had 3 phone interviews to start, one onsite interview at community, then 3 more phone interviews afterwards. The recruiter was very friendly and professional. They all use situation-based interview questions to evaluate personality, motivation, experience, and results.

Interview Question – Can you tell me a time when had a difficult employee/manager who was valuable to your team but their personality was creating conflict with other employees?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were limited on the negotiating as it is based on the community's annual budget, but they did come up to a fair level and were able to offer a small signing bonus to help offset the cost of moving. They do not cover relocation costs for any position.

Director of Health and Wellness Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in March 2014.

Interview Details – in the process of part 2 of the interview this week

Interview Question – will update once interview is complete   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – Filled out my application and got a call about two weeks later. Set up an interview and was offered a job on the spot. Started working about a week later.

Interview Question – Lots of scenario questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would negotiate pay before accepting a position

Life Enrichment Coordinator Interview

Life Enrichment Coordinator
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in March 2014.

Interview Details – Sent a resume, got a call a few weeks later and began the process. Had a single interview, told to expect a next interview. The first interview was filled with more personal questions that related to how I feel and think about aspects of the job I would perform. I received the offer of the job a couple of days later.

Interview Question – What does life enrichment mean to you?   Answer Question

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Certified Nursing Assistant
Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with Health Director. 1 on 1 communication and very relaxed. You even watch a video on Alzheimers.

Interview Question – What would you do if a patient came up to you and asked where their significant other was, but they had been deceased.   View Answer

Server- "Fine Dining" Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – The interview process was not that difficult, I was just asked a couple of questions like what I was involved with in high school. Previous experience that I had, what was expected of me. The hiring manager wasn't that bad, pretty much if he liked you, he hired you, you're going to be trained either way.

Interview Question – What do you expect when it comes to customer service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it's minimum wage.

Resident Care Associate Interview

Resident Care Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in February 2014.

Interview Details – A lot of the questions were about a situation and how you handled it and what was the outcome. AS in what was the worst customer service you had and how did you handle it. Also how would you feel being a part of a team.

Reason for Declining – The pay was really low.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Richmond, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by DPS in person and then by phone by RDO

Interview Question – Just basics about experience.   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 interview with the promise of promotion with in 6 months

Interview Question – what are your faults   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they offered 12 a hour i declined and asked for 13 a hour

Lpn Interview

Lpn

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – Interview went well, she said she would get back to me. I called 5 days later, left a message, emailed twice, never heard from her again. Also she sent my resume to another of their campuses for a position she knew I could not do due to me schedule.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual for an LPN.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brookdale Senior Living

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brookdale Senior Living interview questions and advice. All 77 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brookdale Senior Living employees and interview candidates.