Brookdale Senior Living

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

The entire process was fairly straight forward with HR leading you through all of the way. Make sure that you understand your finance/accounting. Know company history and a little bit about the people who work there. All in all, you should not have a tough time.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in February 2015.

Loved it...i got to interview with all directors, they were very friendly that I even forgot that I was having a interview, there job was to make sure that they could possibly find a job for me. I would recommend to anybody who wants a place of employment, where they would enjoy work, and actually want to be there.

Interview Questions
    • What positive attributes could you bring to this company?   Answer Question

LVN Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in February 2015.

Quick and pleasant. I found job listing online, called and spoke with Exec. Dir. who asked to meet with me the following day. Arrived at the community, which felt very "home-like" and discussed position with Exec. Dir.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly conversation, which was nice, however I could tell I was being interviewed.   Answer Question

Pl Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Group interview with a panel of interviewers for the 1st. Serving interview is with the director if the department and assistant. I don't care for group interviews but the head if HR was very organized and willing to answer any questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked regarding what to do in scenarios that involve patients with dementia   View Answer
    I was offered the job, and paid for training. Pay could have been more but it's above minimum wage. They are willing listen and the benefits were good.

RN Home Health Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview took almost 2 hours...very indepth questions...hardiest interview of my life...know your strengths..and use examples from work history...as an Rn..use work/experience. Know yourself, how you are an asset and how you manage your time

Sales Counselor Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

I was brought in for a one on one interview with the lady who'd be my direct boss. A couple days later I was called to set up a second interview - this time with the sales manager (again), regional marketing coordinator and the operations manager. At the end of that interview they invited me to meet the team. Meeting the team was bascially allowing everyone a chance to interview me. A fee days later I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had to help someone make a decision?   View Answer
    • what attracted you to applying for this position?   View Answer

Occupational Therapist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Multiple, friendly phone contacts from human resources and the interviewing person prior to the interview. The interview included a tour of a facility, being introduced to many employees and residents, and out to lunch. I was contacted within 2 days as a follow-up.

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for during an initial evaluation of a stroke patient?   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate for the salary.

Front Desk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Very short and simple. There were two people interviewing me, the executive director and marketing director. The questions were open ended and fairly easy to answer. The questions were about personality and morals. This company holds their employees responsible for having good values and being goal oriented. Over all, the interview is more personal the professional, in a good way.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about death? This question took me off guard quite a bit.   View Answer
    Basically they asked if I wanted the job and when could I start. No negotiation.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Got called in for a group interview. Interviewer was 45 minutes late and unreachable over either of the two phones she finally walked in with (in addition to a smoothie in the other hand). Interviewer had the group pair up and interview each other and relate information back to her. Interviewer finally described the job description, which was not that of the position I applied for. When asked, the interviewer stated that specific hiring manager was not there that day and that she would call me later in the week. With drive time, wait time, and overall wasted time, the interview took 3 hours.

Interview Questions

I was not impressed that I was more prepared for the interview than the interviewer and was frankly insulted when I got no explanation or apology.

Resident Program Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

got and interview with the ED after meeting with the Human Resourse Coordinator. After meeting some of the qualifications I got the interview that day. They seemed desperate but willing to mold me I didnt seem set in my ways.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was easy. 1st started with HR then hour later spoke with the ED and HR then just the ED. Hired within 10 days. How do you feel about working with seniors, how do you feel about working on holidays and weekends? The norman interview questions were asked. Are you able to get A Commercial Drivers Licence within 60days of hire? In the state of CA you are required to hbe licenced to be and avtivity leader. are you willing to do this within 60days of hire?   View Answer
    They offered 20.00Hr but only if I got my CDL. I was offered 18.25Hr without my CDL and was told if I got it on my next review I will get the 20.00Hr
    Untill this day I have not seen the 20.00Hr.
    ALWAYS GET THINGS IN WRITING WITH THIS COMPANY!