Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.5

Health and Wellness Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Ormond Beach, FL).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email by a Brookdale Senior Living Recruiter. She set up my first interview with her via phone. The next interview was with the Divisional Clinical Director and that along with the first interview went well. I then met with one of the Executive Directors and yet another. My final Executive Director Interview was wonderful and stressful at the same time. He spent so much time with me and was quite thorough and by the end of my interview I knew that we would be part of a great team together. I was offered the postion later that week. I am impressed with this company and I know that it is the perfect fit for both of us. I felt a great deal of support from the Divisional Clinical Director.

Interview Questions

• Targeted Interview Questions   1 Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

simple and quick, really wanted to know about my availability. Offered tour of building. Informed me of new wage scale, based on number of years working as licensed nurse. Only had one interview, however now increased to two interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, based on new wage scale.

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (North Wales, PA).

Interview

Easy. Standard typical questions about how you went above and beyond in a former role. Questions about ethics and if you have any criminal activities in your background. Be ready to discuss gaps in employment history and ready to share how you served to better a team.

Rehab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Nashville, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a corporate recruiter for a phone interview. I interviewed over the phone with a corporate recruiter not with anyone from the location I would be working at. It would be much better if you actually interviewed at the facility you would be working at with the person you would be working for face to face.

Interview Questions

• The questions she asked were pretty bad. They did not have much to do with actually choosing someone to hire. They were mostly "give me an example of " type questions. One of them for example was " Tell me about a time when a co-worker asked you to do something that was wrong". It was like this should be a common thing. I guess I am just not the person a coworker goes to when asking someont to do something wrong. It is also not like anyone is going to tell a recruiter if the did do something wrong for a coworker anyway. There were several others similar to this. They were just not very good questions.   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume after discussing with supervisor. Once a position at another community opened I sent my resume directly to the manager as well as posted on internal website. It took about a week for me to be called to interview. I interviewed with the manager and am now waiting for feedback from the interview to know what to do next. I am not sure how long the process will take at this point since it is the first position I'm applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you want to apply for this position.   Answer Question

Resident Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

There was one lady interviewing 3 people including myself. She went around the room and asked each one of us Questions. Everyone did an Awesome job in the interview. And the interviewer wanted us to start right away. So she give us all the paperwork to get drug tested, Fingerprinting, Physical and Tb test done on that Friday. So of Course I go get everything done. Now its the waiting game........ SO I GET A CALL 7 DAYS LATER SAYING " WE CAN'T HIRE YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE A SPEEDING TICKETING" Are you serious??? Everything else came back clear. ' The lady told me that it's Brookdale's Policy. Boy was I upset because I couldn't understand that. This company has over 35,000 employees and your trying to tell me NO ONE HAS A SPEEDING TICKET, I can't get the job because of a Speeding ticket. It wasn't a reckless speeding ticket or misdemeanor. I don't have DUI'S ETC... I didn't apply to drive the company vehicle. So now I will we calling Corp office.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult situation? Why do you like working with seniors?   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Director Interview

Interview

I met with ED and Regional Nurse in person. That was then followed up with a phone interview with regional hr representative. Met with the ED again to discuss the details of the position and then I accepted the offer.

Medication Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very short. There were no personality or behavioral questions involved. Nothing was in depth, only vague. I actually waited longer in the waiting area than the length of the interview. After going over my previous work history, the employer went over the shift availability. Once I accepted the shift, that was all she wrote.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

They put you through situational but in your own words they want your story and how you handled the situation. I spoke with HR and they sent me to the interim Regional for the facility and then I had another phone interview with the regional clinical. I was then to have an additional phone interview with the regional sales, after two weeks of not hearing from this individual I reached out to HR via email and my email was ignored, how can a corporation expect to obtain professional individuals when they are so unprofessional in there process. I am completely fine with not obtaining a position from this organization because they do not meet any of the standards that there culture speaks on. I am sure that the CEO of this organization would be interested to know how they treat prospective employees, very unsettling.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to discipline an individual and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I got an interview but did not get job it took a long time to get the interview and got bad directions got lost interview didn't last very long seemed they had no time

Interview Questions

• how was it to work for brookdale senior living   1 Answer