Brookdale Senior Living

Getting the Interview

76 candidate interviews

Lpn Interview

Lpn

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – Interview went well, she said she would get back to me. I called 5 days later, left a message, emailed twice, never heard from her again. Also she sent my resume to another of their campuses for a position she knew I could not do due to me schedule.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual for an LPN.   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Sales Counselor

Interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living

Interview Details – Very easy conversation and interview process. Seemed very upbeat with a good overall atmosphere. Didn't really ask any difficult questions during my interview. Very upfront and positive.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Resident Care Associate Interview

Dayton, OH

I applied in-person and interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – I got my interview fairly quick, only because I knew another employee already hired. I was a little dissapointed with my starting hourly rate since I have my EMT license, and history of a medical tech. in the military. $9.00

Interview Question – All questions were reasonable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fine.

Health and Wellness Director Interview

Health and Wellness Director

I applied in-person - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to an ad in the paper. I was given an application to fill out and toured the building speaking to the administrative assistant. I was next called by the RN case manager for an interview. We spoke at length for about an hour. That went quite well. The next interview was a phone interview with the RDO. We were both from the same home state, so that gave us common ground to talk about and we knew some common areas. The last interview was with the Staffer. I didnt hear from anyone for about a month. Then I got a call with a job offer and a salary. My current job topped the salary offered and then Brookdale upped theirs and I took the job. I havent regretted it.

Interview Question – Why are you applying for a job that you have no experience in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered and my current employer raised my salary, then Brookdale upped theirs and I accepted the job.

Waitstaff Interview

Waitstaff

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – I had been a volunteer for several months prior to my hiring and they felt that they did not need to do an interview because of the good reviews I had been given from volunteering. I don't think that they do interviews like they should; it appears that they hire anybody. They've hired people with stress issues (which is not a good thing when working in a high-stress field) and people without any sort of enthusiasm; because of this, the residents are unsatisfied with the people that have been hired. In just 6 months, we had the majority of the waitstaff be made up with people with negative qualities. It doesn't seem like management is trying to hired people that would express compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity (the keys to the mission).

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – Very unorganized; interviewed with RDO who kept asking if recruiter had contacted me yet (they had not).

Interview Question – They use targeted selection, meaning they will ask you to use examples of past experiences.   View Answer

Cook Interview

Cook
Goodlettsville, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in September 2010.

Interview Details – They looked at my resume saw I had experience and hired me on the spot pending I passed a drug test and background check.

Interview Question – how many years of experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none you either took what they offered or they moved to the next applicant who would.

Assistant Food & Beverage Director Interview

San Antonio, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2010.

Interview Details – Called in for interview by F&B Director. He went on vacation. Called in by ED for interview. Had a second interview with ED and Exec Chef. Offer made for position by ED while F&B Director on vacation. Accepted position. When F&B Director came back from vacation, called me in for yet another interview to visit with him privately regarding comments he had "heard."

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer not discussed between management. Two different managers offered me two different salaries. Final offer was lower than the initial offer.

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant
Denton, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in October 2011.

Interview Details – My hiring process was actually quite fast. I came to the company when they need help desperately. I walked in asked for an application, met with the executive director and talked to him for a min and was told to come back the next day with a completed application for an interview. I came back the next day and met the health and wellness director and talked about the position and was offered a job later that day.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I had at the time due to lack of experience was "Tell me a time that you have a difficult task at hand and how did you overcome it and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time I didn't try to negotiate anything I was in desperate need of a job. My advice to new people would be maybe try for a higher salary. It's a lot of work and an emotionally draining position and definitely needs to be treated that way.

Concierge Interview

Concierge
Edina, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, received a call the next day regarding the position. I went in to interview once and was hired on at the spot. I see that the employees have a lot of love for seniors and so do I. It was a good experience since I honestly did not care about the pay, but about my work desire. I had always wanted to work with seniors at a fairly young age. It's amazing to hear about their life stories.

Interview Question – There are no difficult or unexpected questions asked. They were all common interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brookdale Senior Living

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brookdale Senior Living interview questions and advice. All 76 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brookdale Senior Living employees and interview candidates.