Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.5

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Leesburg, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The whole process was professional and well communicated. I had 3 phone interviews, 2 1/1 interviews, and 2 group interviews. The interviews were two way. The company found out about me and I found out about the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how I handled counseling an Manager that was not performing.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in July 2014.

Interview

I was prescreened by the Human Resources Dept. then took a phone interview. I was offered a job about a week later. The Phone interview consisted of three team members and myself. They were very friendly and outgoing during the interviewing process and HR was there with answers to any questions I had post interview and the week following.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to provide a new and creative solution to a problem   Answer Question

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Long process with several interviews and personality quiz. Started with recruiter then to community directors and finally to regional. Personality quiz was standard but they did not review the results with me. I had a minor noise violation that was dismissed and recruiter made me get a letter stating it was dropped since I had stated i had no convictions. (it showed up on my background check) Got the feeling they enjoyed having me jump through hoops.

HWD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Columbus, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Wonderful interview process, good questions with many answers to questions that i had. Much information was given in regards to position and the expectations of the job experience. The Ed was excellent with her knowledge of the facility and the outcomes. The job was clearly described in the best way possible.

Business Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Apply online, phone screening, Targeted Selection behavioral questions with hiring manager and or ED, HR staff, drug & level II background testing. It approximately takes three weeks from offer to complete onboarding. Orientation last five business days.   Answer Question

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Got an interview quickly, the promptly got back to me with a time. There were two interviewers because I was applying under two different departments. They were very friendly and personable, it was more like a conversation than an interview. They really wanted someone with an upbeat and positive personality.

Interview Questions

• Have you waited tables before? Have you worked with the elderly before? What is your current schedule like? What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

about 5 minutes, I walked in called to the conference room, I was asked some general questions about my skills, why I wanted to work for them, if school was going to interfere with work, did I need any special considerations, what level pay I needed it was all very fast, I understand why now, they were just looking for a warm body to fill the spot,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating this what we offer if you don't want it sorry

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

If you interview for a leadership position at the community level or higher: You will interview over the phone with a recruiter or ED Next you will interview with each regional directors from Operations, Clinical, Dietary, Sales and Marketing, and perhaps Asset Management. Sometimes these interviews happen over a week, but the norm is closer to 2 weeks. Then either your future boss' boss or a Divisional VP.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of a time when you had to make quick decision without all the facts? what was the action and most importantly what was the result?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went great was a great experience for me because they ask me a lot of question about myself and about situation pertaining my previous jobs and experiences I have encounter with .

Interview Questions

• If they need me for help would I be available   1 Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Was very nice, I felt calm, gave me confidence to answer, also the duration of the interview I thought was very correct, we must also note that the interviewer was very well preparted for this process