Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.6

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Portland, OR) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed at more than one Resident Care Facilities in the Portland Area. They are interviewing more than one person before they make a decision on who they would like to hire. I have not gotten any response back from them. The shifts are in the day, evening, and night for certain positions.

Interview Questions

• What is your desired shift?   1 Answer

Dining Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

The turnover rate is so high they basically make sure you're not a felon. You are sat down in front of the hiring manager who peruses your application and asks you canned questions from a questionnaire. They ask you irrelevant questions like if you ran out of this what would you use instead, but it is a set-up because unless you know their corporate practices you wouldn't know, but they enjoy making you guess. Then they will check your references. The second interview is your drug screening and background check. You pass those they will low ball your salary, but promises raises and bonuses.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to work with Seniors?   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very comfortable.Interview was great. Interviewer was friendly and asked relevant questions. Took time out to describe company and took me on a tour of the facility. Made me feel very comfortable

Interview Questions

• What values would you bring to our company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate my pay and schedule...which was a plus.Also explained the employee referral program which was also a added bonus if you want to refer friends

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Ocala, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

the interview process was a pleasant one it was a one on one questions were asked answered and also there was conversation opinion and allowed to express myself. the interviewer did not make you feel uptight it was a very comfortable interview

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Briefly spoke with the Regionals Team and discussed scenerios and my experience. Three dsiciplines were present: Operations, Nursing and Marketing. Each explained their position and how they supported my role. They all asked for ideas on current problems and issues they were having. Basically they were looking for problem solving skills and how I would react under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you liked an employee and no one else did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was presented with thier highest offer. There was no negotiation.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in July 2011.

Interview

Never was interviewed. Got the job thru email. Worked with the Executive Director in another company. Filled out application and BSed while filling it out. Was told it was a waste of time interviewing because we came from a better company and can make the community run better. Was told this was common practice in the state at Brookdale.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. It was a phone screen and a one on one interview. I got hired the same day as the interview. The interview was very easy and the question were not hard to answer. The overall experience was very easy and anyone can get hired throught this company.

Health and Wellness Director Interview

Interview

I met with ED and Regional Nurse in person. That was then followed up with a phone interview with regional hr representative. Met with the ED again to discuss the details of the position and then I accepted the offer.

Rca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Springfield, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• they asked me a few questions and then actually hired me on the spot. It was really nice. They said that I would have every other weekend off, but I do not get every other weekend off...   Answer Question

Wellness Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Elkhart, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

reviewed my resume. Spoke about current status of community. Requirements of the job were disclosed, including scheduling, responsibilities and compensation. several management individuals took place in the interview. very kind and warm conversation. A tour of the community ended the interview process. A very easy interview and a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation involved