Brookdale Senior Living

89 candidate interviews

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in January 2010.

Interview Details – Brookdale uses the Targeted Selection Interview process. How it differs from other interviews is that they will not ask you what you would do in a given situation. They want stories that reveal what you have actually done in response to their question. I had seven interviews for my position as executive director and it took 10 weeks.

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate on salary, however I was able to negotiate additional paid time off.

Very Easy Interview

Resident Care Associate Interview

Resident Care Associate
Spokane, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – They give you an small interview and they run your background, and they will hire nearly anyone so that they are not short staffed and we always are. so long as they have bodies on the floor.

Interview Question – They do not hardly ask any questions, they will hire anyone   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to with them, I have been with them when it was the old company that they came in and bought out.

Quality Review Nurse Interview

Quality Review Nurse

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – Great process, they move fast to complete the hiring process. Thorough competency testing for quality review nurses. Initial interview was conducted on the phone, then brought in to interview with DPS and RDO for region.

Negotiation Details – Did not need to negotiate, met my expectations

RN Interview

RN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – 6 interviews. HR staff very friendly and helpful. they told me what to expect for next steps and it was exact. relaxed interview process but lengthy. seemed like a lot of tests but easy to do

Negotiation Details – no

Administrator Interview

Administrator
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in May 2014.

Interview Details – I have had one interview with basic questions. Nothing to difficult, but at the same time some questions were sort of corny. Seemed as though every question that was asked, my answer wasn't enough. She kept asking and asking the same question. I told her that I have never had any difficult situations with any family member. I'm sure she didn't believe me. Oh well, I have heard quite a few negative things re: Brookdale. It's all good. :)

Interview Question – What was your most difficult situation with a family member at your last place of employment?   View Answer

OTR Interview

OTR

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – Regional manager answered emails while I responded to his questions. About 15 min in all, if that. No questions beyond yes / no answers. Asked in the interview how I would increase caseload. Talk about red flags!

Interview Question – Most unexpected thing was when I was asked to step away from the office area while the mgr talked on his cellphone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them what I wanted and they met it

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2013.

Interview Details – The questions were predictable and standard for most preliminary interviews. This was handled mostly over the phone with one additional one-on-one interview. There was a strong emphasis on matching the company culture to the prospective employee.

Interview Question – Why do you care about Seniors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A range was offered after discussing my salary requirements. An offer with a final salary amount was given.

Sous Chef Interview

Sous Chef

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – very simple, at the time the dining director was fairly new and was interviewed by him and an interim dining manager. asked a few skills questions, management style questions. was asked if i knew how to make a white wine sauce, because the people they had used white wine vinegar

Negotiation Details – simple got what i asked for. but if i knew it was for executive chef position i would have asked for more money

Director of Engineering Interview

Director of Engineering
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 face-to face interviews, first with the ED and then with the Regional Maintenance Director and 1 phone interview with the Regional Manager. The telephone interview went very well and I think was instrumental to my being offered the position.

Interview Question – Answered all questions confidently   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, I assessed their offer as more than fair.

Server Interview

Server

Interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living

Interview Details – They asked me general questions about what do I do or a living, past jobs, and any past expereince I had. This was a very easy interview to get pass

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brookdale Senior Living

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brookdale Senior Living interview questions and advice. All 89 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brookdale Senior Living employees and interview candidates.