Brookdale Senior Living

Relevance Date Difficulty

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Richmond, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed by DPS in person and then by phone by RDO

Interview Question – Just basics about experience.   Answer Question

Sous Chef Interview

Sous Chef
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 interview with the promise of promotion with in 6 months

Interview Question – what are your faults   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they offered 12 a hour i declined and asked for 13 a hour

Lpn Interview

Lpn

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – Interview went well, she said she would get back to me. I called 5 days later, left a message, emailed twice, never heard from her again. Also she sent my resume to another of their campuses for a position she knew I could not do due to me schedule.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual for an LPN.   Answer Question

Current Associate Interview

Current Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, heard back from HR a few days later with a quick phone call. I had two interviews.

Interview Question – All pretty standard questions   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

RN Case Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – Interview process was a month long. Phone interview with recruiter/HR. Then with a regional nurse. Then in person interview with the regional executive director. Hiring Process with tons of paperwork, legal papers, and urine drug specimen with random testing throughout.

Interview Question – Specific Behavioral Questions based on previous experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You definitely can negotiate your pay if you tell them that you have another job offer. As with any big corporation, anything is negotiable.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on the website and within a few weeks I got an email from HR and set up an in person interview with someone in the marketing department. The interview was not too difficult, very basic background questions and questions pertinent to my marketing experience. The woman interviewing me was knowledgeable and asked some tough questions but nothing I couldn't answer confidently since I was qualified for the job.

Interview Question – No difficult questions but I did take a 'test' based on media buying. It wasn't difficult and wouldn't be for anyone who had any experience in media buying.   Answer Question

Sales Counselor Interview

Sales Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – After submitting your application if they are interested you will be asked to visit with the immediate management of the community with the available opportunity. Next you will typically visit with the mid and then senior management. If they are looking to move forward you will take your drug test and then wait for the final offer.

Interview Question – Why do you believe you would be successful with dealing with seniors? (obvious but it needs to make good sense and not be generic)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Know the market and know your worth, but be willing to build up to where you want to be by meeting management half way.

Med Tech Interview

Med Tech
Buckhead, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very non professional, alot of gossip going on there. Management tells peoples businessman.

Interview Question – Suppose to be an Assisted Living, but more like a nursing home. Very unprofessional.You get no breaks even after doing a double. They work short all the time and treat employees very disrespectful like Slaves.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Suppose to be an Assisted Living, but more like a nursing home. Very unprofessional.You get no breaks even after doing a double. They work short all the time and treat employees very disrespectful like Slaves. I would not recommend anyone to work there unless you don't mind being treated very disrespectful.

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director
Melbourne, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview then an in person interview, walk through of the facility and then on the job trial period shadowing trainer. The Interview questions were mostly situational, What-if questions. There were some that seemed to be experienced based, but not as much time was spent on them.

Interview Question – The most difficult question involved how to get a team working for you to accomplish the goals of the healthcare facility.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. It was a take it or leave it.

Wellness Director Interview

Wellness Director

I applied online and interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – So far I've only done HR interview due and it was very professional. I had to also do an online personality profile ...Go to website address: www.mra-ent.com. . which was a new one to me. You hope you make the same correct or incorrect answers as the people they hire. HR has gone high tech! The next step of the process is moving along, the face to face intervews.

Interview Question – Taking the MRA Assessment – The Leadership Matrix & The Measure of Practical Judgment   View Answer