Brookdale Senior Living

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.7

Resident Care Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in February 2014.

A lot of the questions were about a situation and how you handled it and what was the outcome. AS in what was the worst customer service you had and how did you handle it. Also how would you feel being a part of a team.

The pay was really low.

Lpn Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview went well, she said she would get back to me. I called 5 days later, left a message, emailed twice, never heard from her again. Also she sent my resume to another of their campuses for a position she knew I could not do due to me schedule.

CNA/MT/SIC Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in January 2014.

Very calm and centered on what your good at

Interview Questions
    • What would u say the most difficult thing about your job would be   Answer Question

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview process was a month long. Phone interview with recruiter/HR. Then with a regional nurse. Then in person interview with the regional executive director. Hiring Process with tons of paperwork, legal papers, and urine drug specimen with random testing throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Specific Behavioral Questions based on previous experience   Answer Question
    You definitely can negotiate your pay if you tell them that you have another job offer. As with any big corporation, anything is negotiable.

Sales Counselor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

After submitting your application if they are interested you will be asked to visit with the immediate management of the community with the available opportunity. Next you will typically visit with the mid and then senior management. If they are looking to move forward you will take your drug test and then wait for the final offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe you would be successful with dealing with seniors? (obvious but it needs to make good sense and not be generic)   Answer Question
    Know the market and know your worth, but be willing to build up to where you want to be by meeting management half way.

Wellness Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

So far I've only done HR interview due and it was very professional. I had to also do an online personality profile ...Go to website address: www.mra-ent.com. . which was a new one to me. You hope you make the same correct or incorrect answers as the people they hire. HR has gone high tech! The next step of the process is moving along, the face to face intervews.

Interview Questions
    • Taking the MRA Assessment – The Leadership Matrix & The Measure of Practical Judgment   View Answer

Dining Services Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

The initial interview was great, followed by a 2nd with the Regional Director over the phone. SEEMED a perfect fit.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any questions I was unable to answer.   View Answer

Resident Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

I got my interview fairly quick, only because I knew another employee already hired. I was a little dissapointed with my starting hourly rate since I have my EMT license, and history of a medical tech. in the military. $9.00

Fine.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, NC

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in July 2013.

The actual process is quite lengthy; approximately 5 months from start to actual offer. I had 3 phone interviews to start, one onsite interview at community, then 3 more phone interviews afterwards. The recruiter was very friendly and professional. They all use situation-based interview questions to evaluate personality, motivation, experience, and results.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me a time when had a difficult employee/manager who was valuable to your team but their personality was creating conflict with other employees?   View Answer
    They were limited on the negotiating as it is based on the community's annual budget, but they did come up to a fair level and were able to offer a small signing bonus to help offset the cost of moving. They do not cover relocation costs for any position.

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in June 2013.

The interview and hiring process is a very strategic target selection process...It can be long and drawn out but this is to ensure the best fit for the position is hired, not just a "warm body"

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your supervisor asked you to do something that you did not agree with?   Answer Question
    There was not one...the pay and opportunity was much more than I could ask for.