Brookdale Senior Living

2.7

Resident Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

how do you handle people with dementia and alzheimers?

Interview Questions
    • If someone keeps trying to leave the building ...what do you do?   View Answer
    none

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Sent resume via email responding to a job posting - asked to come in for an interview the next week. Had first interview, about 1 hour after left that interview I had a call to come in the next day for a second interview with the Executive Director and the person who would be the new Sales/Marketing Director. Two days after the second interview received a call from HR with an offer. Everyone was extremely nice during the whole process and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Typical Sales/Marketing type questions - Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in May 2013.

Interviewed by DPS in person and then by phone by RDO

Med Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhead, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2013.

Very non professional, alot of gossip going on there. Management tells peoples businessman.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose to be an Assisted Living, but more like a nursing home. Very unprofessional.You get no breaks even after doing a double. They work short all the time and treat employees very disrespectful like Slaves.   View Answer

Suppose to be an Assisted Living, but more like a nursing home. Very unprofessional.You get no breaks even after doing a double. They work short all the time and treat employees very disrespectful like Slaves. I would not recommend anyone to work there unless you don't mind being treated very disrespectful.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2013.

The questions were predictable and standard for most preliminary interviews. This was handled mostly over the phone with one additional one-on-one interview. There was a strong emphasis on matching the company culture to the prospective employee.

Interview Questions
    A range was offered after discussing my salary requirements. An offer with a final salary amount was given.

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Submitted online application and was contacted the same week for an interview. Met with the nursing manager for 1.5 hours for a very professional job interview, extensive tour of the facility and was told she would contact me in a few days. Job was offered 3 days later pending required test results. Another week for fingerprinting, physical, drug testing and then the position was officially offered Started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult, interview was very straight forward and informative.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Applied online, phone interview, one on one interview, drug testing, TB test, training.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

The "interview" was unlike any interview I have been through before. Very unprofessional and unorganized experience. After being told I would hear back in a week, I did not hear anything for over one month.

Interview Questions
    • It was more like a conversation. Only "interview" question asked was what my weakness is.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in March 2013.

First there was a phone screening by someone in HR, this followed with a phone interview with a hiring manager. They just wanted to know about my experience.

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

I was promoted from within still had to complete fingerprint and background screenings. It is for the safety and well being of the residents. The process is lengthly especially for a new associate to Brookdale. The background screening can take from 1 - 10 + days depending on names, addresses. Healthcare is so regulated, it is out of Brookdale control, then there is fingerprinting, drug test, physical and TB test. That process takes time. If some one doesn't meet any one of those test, they could be declined the offer. From on-line application to offer was about 4 - 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe you have all the information/knowledge to be able to work in this position effectively?   View Answer