Brookdale Senior Living

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – call from RDO, schedule face to face interviews with her and regional Nurse, Regional Sales Manager. Long gaps of time between interviews made me think the process died, but they picked it up and I was hired.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was making more than they wanted to pay me, but they ultimately met my salary requirements.

Resident Care Coordinator Interview

Resident Care Coordinator
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – how do you handle people with dementia and alzheimers?

Interview Question – If someone keeps trying to leave the building ...what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Counselor Interview

Sales Counselor
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – Sent resume via email responding to a job posting - asked to come in for an interview the next week. Had first interview, about 1 hour after left that interview I had a call to come in the next day for a second interview with the Executive Director and the person who would be the new Sales/Marketing Director. Two days after the second interview received a call from HR with an offer. Everyone was extremely nice during the whole process and professional.

Interview Question – Typical Sales/Marketing type questions - Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in March 2009.

Interview Details – Interview went really well and it was very relaxing. I did not feel nervous or scared. The interviewer made me comfortable and the questions were not too hard. I got the job on the spot and had a very easy transition.

Interview Question – What is your definition of leadership?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

Interview Details – Submitted online application and was contacted the same week for an interview. Met with the nursing manager for 1.5 hours for a very professional job interview, extensive tour of the facility and was told she would contact me in a few days. Job was offered 3 days later pending required test results. Another week for fingerprinting, physical, drug testing and then the position was officially offered Started the following week.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult, interview was very straight forward and informative.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview, one on one interview, drug testing, TB test, training.

Interview Question – Salary requirements.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – The "interview" was unlike any interview I have been through before. Very unprofessional and unorganized experience. After being told I would hear back in a week, I did not hear anything for over one month.

Interview Question – It was more like a conversation. Only "interview" question asked was what my weakness is.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

Occupational Therapy Assistant
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in January 2009.

Interview Details – Easy as 1-2-3 and the people couldn't be nicer. They knew what they wanted and they came after me with a passion. They even worked around my schedule to set up interviews. They wasted no time making me an offer.

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within still had to complete fingerprint and background screenings. It is for the safety and well being of the residents. The process is lengthly especially for a new associate to Brookdale. The background screening can take from 1 - 10 + days depending on names, addresses. Healthcare is so regulated, it is out of Brookdale control, then there is fingerprinting, drug test, physical and TB test. That process takes time. If some one doesn't meet any one of those test, they could be declined the offer. From on-line application to offer was about 4 - 6 weeks.

Interview Question – Do you believe you have all the information/knowledge to be able to work in this position effectively?   View Answer

Move In Coordinator Interview

Move In Coordinator
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in October 2012.

Interview Details – I am so glad to see that someone finally posted that their interview process took three months. I have been waiting a very long time and they asked if I was still interested and still I have heard nothing. I am having a terrible time understanding this.