Brookdale Senior Living

Updated Jul 11, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in June 2013.

The interview and hiring process is a very strategic target selection process...It can be long and drawn out but this is to ensure the best fit for the position is hired, not just a "warm body"

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if your supervisor asked you to do something that you did not agree with?   Answer Question
There was not one...the pay and opportunity was much more than I could ask for.

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in June 2010.

Went to a group panel interview and was very easy going.

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2012.

Oddest thing ever: Was contacted via email for a phone interview and requested 3 times when I was available. After I wrote right back that day, I never heard back. I wrote/called to follow-up numerous times over the next week and then was assigned a time another week out. I waited 45 minutes after the assigned interview time (yes, I checked and re-checked) and never got the call. I called the recruiter an hour after the appt. and followed up with 2 emails over the week and one more phone call. Then I received an email saying thanks but no thanks. HR/recruiting can do what they want but never forget that we are ALL in sales: what if I had a loved one that I was considering putting into an assisted living?! What this says is I would NEVER put a loved one in a place that has so little regard of people's time. Nor would I recommend it to anyone either. You didn't let ME down: I will find a career in senior living but you showed a terrible face to potential customers. Shame on you.

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in December 2011.

Brookdale is highly committed to serving thier residents and thier families. The company starts with a phone interview, invites people individually for a behavior style interview approach, then interview withregional managers, then with team..There can be up to seven interviews. Definately background and drug testing. Compassionate people with a love of older folks is an imperative character strength. Nicecompany.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you with working around people that you know will probably die during your employment?   View Answer

Manager Sales and Marketing Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in October 2011.

Informal atmosphere. They asked basic interview questions, but it was important for them to know I enjoyed working with seniors.

Interview Questions
    • What quality makes someone good in sales?   View Answer