Brookdale Senior Living

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Denton, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in October 2011.

Interview Details – My hiring process was actually quite fast. I came to the company when they need help desperately. I walked in asked for an application, met with the executive director and talked to him for a min and was told to come back the next day with a completed application for an interview. I came back the next day and met the health and wellness director and talked about the position and was offered a job later that day.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I had at the time due to lack of experience was "Tell me a time that you have a difficult task at hand and how did you overcome it and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time I didn't try to negotiate anything I was in desperate need of a job. My advice to new people would be maybe try for a higher salary. It's a lot of work and an emotionally draining position and definitely needs to be treated that way.

Melbourne, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in January 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the Health Care Coordinator, she asked me a series of questions, what if type scenarios, describe what you would do, etc. This job is important for the overall safety and personal care of people, so your job is very important. The interview wasn't challenging, and if you're applying for this postion in the first place you need to have a desire to want to do the work. That will show through in your interview.

Interview Question – If you are busy and a patient's call light goes off, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for more if you have experience. I didn't so I started out at 8.50.

Resident Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was short and quick. It was only 1 day over phone. background check performed same day as well as drug test. told to come for orientation 3 days later. Some staff are friendly, some discriminate against the minorites in their face and behind their backs. Management is nice ONLY if you fit their favorites.

Interview Question – there was no difficult questions just simple what shift can you work and do you have cna experience   Answer Question

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!