Brookdale Senior Living Resident Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Westerville, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Met with one manager. She asked me questions from a paper and wrote down my answers. It was a pretty basic interview. The questions were easy but the interview seemed robotic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brookdale Senior Living

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. It was a phone screen and a one on one interview. I got hired the same day as the interview. The interview was very easy and the question were not hard to answer. The overall experience was very easy and anyone can get hired throught this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Loved it...i got to interview with all directors, they were very friendly that I even forgot that I was having a interview, there job was to make sure that they could possibly find a job for me. I would recommend to anybody who wants a place of employment, where they would enjoy work, and actually want to be there.

Interview Questions

• What positive attributes could you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Portland, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

I was called shortly after posting my application and hired on the spot. Lengthy interview with some scenerio questions at the end. This place seems to be constantly hiring. The interview itself was very relaxed, friendly and easy as long as you are looking for a job where you really want to help people. After interview you go through three days of computer training and five days of buddy training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Denton, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

My hiring process was actually quite fast. I came to the company when they need help desperately. I walked in asked for an application, met with the executive director and talked to him for a min and was told to come back the next day with a completed application for an interview. I came back the next day and met the health and wellness director and talked about the position and was offered a job later that day.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I had at the time due to lack of experience was "Tell me a time that you have a difficult task at hand and how did you overcome it and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time I didn't try to negotiate anything I was in desperate need of a job. My advice to new people would be maybe try for a higher salary. It's a lot of work and an emotionally draining position and definitely needs to be treated that way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Melbourne, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

Met with the Health Care Coordinator, she asked me a series of questions, what if type scenarios, describe what you would do, etc. This job is important for the overall safety and personal care of people, so your job is very important. The interview wasn't challenging, and if you're applying for this postion in the first place you need to have a desire to want to do the work. That will show through in your interview.

Interview Questions

• If you are busy and a patient's call light goes off, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for more if you have experience. I didn't so I started out at 8.50.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was short and quick. It was only 1 day over phone. background check performed same day as well as drug test. told to come for orientation 3 days later. Some staff are friendly, some discriminate against the minorites in their face and behind their backs. Management is nice ONLY if you fit their favorites.

Interview Questions

• there was no difficult questions just simple what shift can you work and do you have cna experience   Answer Question