Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com

Brookdale Senior Living Sales and Marketing Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in June 2013.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process is a very strategic target selection process...It can be long and drawn out but this is to ensure the best fit for the position is hired, not just a "warm body"

Interview Question – What would you do if your supervisor asked you to do something that you did not agree with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not one...the pay and opportunity was much more than I could ask for.

Salina, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went to a group panel interview and was very easy going.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Sales and Marketing Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in April 2012.

Interview Details – Oddest thing ever: Was contacted via email for a phone interview and requested 3 times when I was available. After I wrote right back that day, I never heard back. I wrote/called to follow-up numerous times over the next week and then was assigned a time another week out. I waited 45 minutes after the assigned interview time (yes, I checked and re-checked) and never got the call. I called the recruiter an hour after the appt. and followed up with 2 emails over the week and one more phone call. Then I received an email saying thanks but no thanks. HR/recruiting can do what they want but never forget that we are ALL in sales: what if I had a loved one that I was considering putting into an assisted living?! What this says is I would NEVER put a loved one in a place that has so little regard of people's time. Nor would I recommend it to anyone either. You didn't let ME down: I will find a career in senior living but you showed a terrible face to potential customers. Shame on you.

Manager Sales and Marketing Interview

Manager Sales and Marketing

The process took a day - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in October 2011.

Interview Details – Informal atmosphere. They asked basic interview questions, but it was important for them to know I enjoyed working with seniors.

Interview Question – What quality makes someone good in sales?   View Answer

Sales and Marketing Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in December 2011.

Interview Details – Brookdale is highly committed to serving thier residents and thier families. The company starts with a phone interview, invites people individually for a behavior style interview approach, then interview withregional managers, then with team..There can be up to seven interviews. Definately background and drug testing. Compassionate people with a love of older folks is an imperative character strength. Nicecompany.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you with working around people that you know will probably die during your employment?   View Answer

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!