Brookfield Asset Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.8

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management.

Interview

First round phone interview. Emailed with HR. Followed by a round of skype interviews with four one-on-one interviews. Then another round of interviews where it was three interviewers together. Whole process took about one month.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and heard back almost immediately for an initial interview. First interview was with a manager and went well, was very quick in and out in 15 minutes. Got called back for a second interview with 3 different people and that also went well. Liked everything I heard, still awaiting to hear back about the opportunity.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY).

Interview

First a phone interview then an in-person interview. In-person interviewed with four people in 30 minute time slots. No technical questions whatsoever. They were probably interviewing just to look at fit. The people were all pretty nice and chill, and no one ever really asked a question that wasn't on my resume.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management.

Interview

On campus resume drop and 2 rounds of phone interviews - 1 analyst and 1 vice president. All behavioral and / or fit based questions. Very few technical questions, limited only to more general intuitions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with four different people. Culture seemed a little stiff.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Met with manager and director for the interview process which was formal question period on technical capabilities but seemed to be more focused on the fit with the environment.

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through school website, was invited in for an interview in NYC and then followed up with a second round over the phone with various Brookfield employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite building (on campus, in a big city, etc.) and describe what you would change about it.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management in October 2011.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. Interview questions we're based on personality. The interviewers and the interview questions were fair and appropriate.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

It was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work weekends and OT!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by an agency for the position. Had 2 interviews. first with HR and then a few days later with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the scope of your role in your last position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I took what they offered.