Brookfield Asset Management Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management.

First a phone interview then an in-person interview. In-person interviewed with four people in 30 minute time slots. No technical questions whatsoever. They were probably interviewing just to look at fit. The people were all pretty nice and chill, and no one ever really asked a question that wasn't on my resume.

Summer Analyst Interview

On campus resume drop and 2 rounds of phone interviews - 1 analyst and 1 vice president. All behavioral and / or fit based questions. Very few technical questions, limited only to more general intuitions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brookfield Asset Management in April 2013.

Interviewed with four different people. Culture seemed a little stiff.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management.

Met with manager and director for the interview process which was formal question period on technical capabilities but seemed to be more focused on the fit with the environment.

Summer Intern Interview

Applied through school website, was invited in for an interview in NYC and then followed up with a second round over the phone with various Brookfield employees.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite building (on campus, in a big city, etc.) and describe what you would change about it.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management in October 2011.

The process was very straight forward. Interview questions we're based on personality. The interviewers and the interview questions were fair and appropriate.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management in May 2011.

It was straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Was I willing to work weekends and OT!   View Answer
    Straight forward!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management in April 2009.

I was contacted by an agency for the position. Had 2 interviews. first with HR and then a few days later with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the scope of your role in your last position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I took what they offered.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brookfield Asset Management in June 2008.

There was only one interview. The VP& Controller and one Senior Accountant were interviewing me. I answered all of the questions. But I felt the VP did not fully prepare the interview as she did not read or forget most of the details on my resume and asked some questions that are not related to my situation.

Interview Questions
    • You said that you had reviewed corportate tax returns for 50 companies, I don't believe it as you will have no time to sleep. Could you please tell me how you manage to do this?   Answer Question
    • If your manager does not like you and always criticize your work, what would you like to do about this?   Answer Question

I did not like the style of the VP&Controller