Brookfield Properties

Brookfield Properties Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2015

2.8

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through University. Process took approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were fairly standard. "What would you do to change a poorly functioning property?"   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brookfield Properties (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a corporate accounting internship at the NY office. There were two interviews. The first was conducted at the company's corporate office and I met with three managers. General behavioral questions were asked and questions about my background (tell me about yourself, what do you hope to gain, etc.).
    Next, I was called a week or two later for a phone interview with a person from HR which lasted about 45 min. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you hope to gain from this internship? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Intern, Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brookfield Properties (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview - HR
    Personal Interview - Technical

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brookfield Properties (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, Interviewed with Property Manager, Assistant Property Manager and HR

Executive Sous Chef Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brookfield Properties.

Interview

Recruited via LinkedIn by a HR rep. Two rounds of phone interviews; first with HR then with the Executive Chef. They brought me in for 2 rounds of face to face interviews with HR again, the Executive Chef again. Then a Food tasting presentation had to be done to show culinary skills knowledge and that was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Basic generic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made me and offer and I countered with what I felt was deserving and they agreed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brookfield Properties (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter. They were friendly people and I felt comfortable in the interview. Their questions were the typical behavioral type questions. They didn't hire me despite the fact they had no other candidates because I didn't have all the experience they were looking for. I think they could have figured this out from my resume so am not sure why I was called at all. Over all not a bad experience.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

One panel interview with HR, supervisor, and marketing manager. Oddly enough that was all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you successfully mitigated a pressing issue within a team. What was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation