Brooks Automation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.3

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brooks Automation (Fremont, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The hiring team is very effective and friendly. Only two round of interviews.The first one was with the HR recruiter and the second one was with the hiring manager. Both interviews took about one hour of time.

Interview Questions

• very casual conversation about my background and previous experience   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

on site interview, twice, one with co-workers and one with management. More interested in industrial specific questions. more interested in topics the company has service and product in.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave for your current job, what makes you deciding to leave and be interested in Brooks   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brooks Automation (Poway, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Spoke with five people. It felt like a conversation rather than an interview. I spoke with five people in one at a time, which kept a casual atmosphere. The company has a lot of different groups, and it depends on the department on how the intervews procede.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to mention. Just be yourself and try to engage and ask questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The internship was through a contracter and paid hourly. The rate was fixed at $20 an hour with time and a half after working 8 hours.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Brooks Automation (Longmont, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Referred by an employee. Interviewed by the management team in Longmont, CO (Granville-Phillips Division). Invited for a second round of interviews with the senior management in Chelmsford, MA. Offered a position as part of the management/leadership team in Longmont, CO. Offer was subsequently withdrawn. 3 months later the offer was re-extended (with 20/20 hindsight, this should have been a clue to what I would face).

Interview Questions

• Brooks has no internal expertise in strategic marketing; as a result my interview questions were not well designed to determine strategic marketing skills and experience. As I learned later, my "competitors" for the position all came from a sales background. In a tech company of this size and age, there is really no excuse for not understanding the difference between sales and marketing...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brooks made a low-ball offer with the promise of large bonus potential (which never materialized). Advice to potential employees: negotiate hard for more base, as you'll likely never see a bonus.

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brooks Automation (Mansfield, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was called back after being laid off because of a down turn in semiconductors. I was being offered a contracted job but when I found a 2nd contracted job at half the drive time. They offered to bring me back full time

Interview Questions

• been way to long ago to know any questions I was asked   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brooks Automation (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Call for interview. couple of people will ask question. HR person will call in a couple of days. Once you get the job. There will be compliance test, orientation, forms to fill in before you see your manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brooks Automation (Chelmsford, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed 2 different times, 3-4 hours each.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a manager? Most people say that because they like to have power over people, is that why you want to be a manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brooks Automation (Chelmsford, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

Easy if you have a grain of talent

Interview Questions

• None - and certainly not technical. These guys are amateurs   1 Answer

Negotiation

none - they are penny pinchers

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brooks Automation in June 2008.

Interview

Communication was good

Interview Questions

• what makes you qualified for the position   1 Answer