Brooks Automation Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brooks Automation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Brooks Automation in April 2010.

Easy if you have a grain of talent

Interview Questions
    • None - and certainly not technical. These guys are amateurs   View Answer
    none - they are penny pinchers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brooks Automation in August 2013.

Spoke with five people. It felt like a conversation rather than an interview. I spoke with five people in one at a time, which kept a casual atmosphere. The company has a lot of different groups, and it depends on the department on how the intervews procede.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to mention. Just be yourself and try to engage and ask questions.   Answer Question
    The internship was through a contracter and paid hourly. The rate was fixed at $20 an hour with time and a half after working 8 hours.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Brooks Automation in July 2012.

Referred by an employee. Interviewed by the management team in Longmont, CO (Granville-Phillips Division). Invited for a second round of interviews with the senior management in Chelmsford, MA. Offered a position as part of the management/leadership team in Longmont, CO. Offer was subsequently withdrawn. 3 months later the offer was re-extended (with 20/20 hindsight, this should have been a clue to what I would face).

Interview Questions
    • Brooks has no internal expertise in strategic marketing; as a result my interview questions were not well designed to determine strategic marketing skills and experience. As I learned later, my "competitors" for the position all came from a sales background. In a tech company of this size and age, there is really no excuse for not understanding the difference between sales and marketing...   Answer Question
    Brooks made a low-ball offer with the promise of large bonus potential (which never materialized). Advice to potential employees: negotiate hard for more base, as you'll likely never see a bonus.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brooks Automation in December 2010.

Interviewed 2 different times, 3-4 hours each.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a manager? Most people say that because they like to have power over people, is that why you want to be a manager?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Brooks Automation in June 2008.

Communication was good

Interview Questions
    • what makes you qualified for the position   View Answer

Worked for Brooks Automation? Contribute to the Community!