Brooks Brothers Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.6

International Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brooks Brothers (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was a two step process. Interviewed by the manager of sales and then the director of international sales. It was not very hard and I was asked pretty simple questions

Sales Associate Factory Outlet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brooks Brothers (Central Valley, NY).

Interview

It was a fairly straightforward process. The interview is there to ensure that you are a responsible individual who will show up on time, comply with the dress code, be professional and friendly. Since it is retail, they expect you to be available to work during busy holiday weekends. As for the hiring process, it takes the store about a week to reply. If a busy holiday weekend is coming up, it is more likely that it will only take a matter of days.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle multiple customers at once? How would you do so?   Answer Question

Tailoring Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brooks Brothers (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

HR reached out to me and proceeded to have a phone interview which was just discussing the job and my qualifications. Then I was brought in and met with the manager of my team and was then invited back to meet with the director. I heard back about a week or so after and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why Brooks Brothers? What makes you the right candidate? What do you know about product development?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Interview

very easy and short. the questions were basic. they were looking for someone with experience and for someone who wanted to learn. They like people who are go-getters and who always have a smile on their face.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Was interviewed by manager and asked about my preferred leadership styles, they prefer if you have retail experience and offered a season position for potential for work after the holidays

Professional Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brooks Brothers in November 2014.

Interview

The store manager made the experience very comfortable. It was a conversational interview vs. a Q&A style. I was offered both management and a sales position and I chose sales to begin my time with this company.

Interview Questions

• How will I build my personal business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The whole compensation package was spot on for me.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brooks Brothers.

Interview

I interviewed for a new store that had not yet opened. Approximately two months after submitting my resume I was contacted for an interview. The interview process itself took about a month. I was initially contacted by the Talent Acquisition Manager for a phone interview. After this I took an online skill and personality assessment which was around 100 questions, approximately 1/3 of which were mathematical story problems. After passing that I moved to a phone interview with the District Manager, then another phone interview with the Regional HR Supervisor. At this point I was invited to take a standard drug screening, and met with the DM for an informal face to face interview. I then met with the candidate they had offered the Store Manager position to for another informal chat to ensure we would function well as a team. After this meeting I was officially offered the position. Throughout the entire process everyone was incredibly polite and professional. I was told exactly what the process would be during my first interview, and that was reiterated to me at each subsequent interview. They were very accommodating of my schedule and transparent throughout the entire process, answering all my questions with extreme detail. I was very impressed by their attention to detail, thoroughness, professionalism, and respect.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are behavior based, ie: tell me about a time your team let you down, tell me about the most difficult feedback you've received on a performance review, tell me how you drive business in your store, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brooks Brothers (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

This was a complete waste of my time. I interviewed with the store manager in Atlanta for Sales associate positions. She seemed as though she was doing me a favor by interviewing me, which I immediately picked up on. It also seemed like they were not in need of additional staff, but saw my resume and thought, "what the heck". The conversation was fine, typical questions. I am older and very direct with my answers which she seemed put off by a bit, but once I confirmed the lousy compensation, I didn't care at that point. Store manager, stoic, un-fun, and un-cool. I can only imagine what working there would be like. Although I did respond through email to her as follow up afterwards with a "nice to have met you". No response back. Very UN-COOL.!!! Certainly tells me alot.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Brooks Brothers.

Interview

The Regional Recruiter contacted me first with a phone interview. I was asked if I could meet with the RVP the following week, and I said I could, but after a few phone calls and emails to the recruiter to pin down the day and time, I was told there was a miscommunication. Two weeks later, I was interviewed by the regional management team that included the RVP, the Regional Sales Manager, and the Regional HR Manager on the day of the group's annual planning session. They took time away from their meeting for the interview, which took about 4 hours. I had incurred some expenses, which took time to reimburse. In the next month, there were 2 more interviews, 1 with the recruiter, and 1 with the RVP at the store. There was a standardized management skills assessment, but there was no feedback or follow up questions about strengths or weakness based on my answers. The store experience is standard for all Brooks Brothers candidates which allows you to meet the employees and for them to meet you.

Interview Questions

• Based on what we've communicated so far, what do you anticipate your challenges will be? What would that look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for a job offer letter stating salary and amount of maximum hours to be worked per week. PTO is not negotiable.

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Brooks Brothers.

Interview

America's oldest retailer based on core values, client relationships, history, and innovation of American classics.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Know why you want to work for the company and what you can bring to contribute to the continued success of the company.   Answer Question