Brookshire Grocery Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookshire Grocery.

Interview

I applied in store with a paper appilcation. I received a call a week later for an interview. The interview was very easy. Simple questions about my schedule and life were asked. The manager was very polite in asking the questions and was very open to any questions that I had. The process took a total of 8 days and I WAS HIRED.

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookshire Grocery.

Interview

The Pharmacy Manager was very nice she asked only a few basic questions, one having to do with HIPPA, and explained the training process. It was very quick and I got a call back the next week.

Interview Questions

• How would you verify that the patient is taking the medication?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brookshire Grocery (Shreveport, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was easy, interesting, nervous, and fun. I was nervous at first, but the store director made it better. The store trainer was a funny person and very smart. The co-workers are great people. So thats why i suceed at my job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at our company?   1 Answer

Certified Cashier Interview

Interview

When going through the interviewing process they keep it very simple and ask you a few questions about yourself. Long as you be yourself and answer everything with honesty and have a great integrity about yourself everything will be ok. They are very keen on honesty.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging experience you've had on a past job and how did you overcome the situation?   Answer Question

Utility Clerk/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookshire Grocery.

Interview

I filled an application out at the store and the Assistant Manager interviewed me that same day. Basic questions like: what is your previous work experience, what are your hours of availability, how did you hear about the company, are you able to push/pull/carry a certain amount of weight, are you open to working outside even with different weather conditions, etc...

Interview Questions

• What will you do if a customer had a complaint? It is not a very difficult question, but it may have been in comparison to the rest.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brookshire Grocery.

Interview

Brookshire's has job opening on their internet site. I also knew the job was available through other communications. They did call me in for an interview and several follow up interviews but with NO results positively. The interviewers were made up of people I had work with or had worked for me personally. They all knew me and knew my work but in the end the quality and experience was not the issue. My like or dislike was, I guess you could say they worked for other people now and those other people call the shots.

Interview Questions

• No difficulty in the process or any of the questions, was told I did an excellent job in all interviews but in the end still did not get the job.   1 Answer

Grocery Day Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookshire Grocery.

Interview

Went into store and spoke with manager about any job openings. Completed an interview and was then sent to a brookshires class. Drug tested and completed interview with store director.

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brookshire Grocery (Tyler, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

There are two screens for interns .. The first interview process will be face to face with HR people, which will be of situational questions and the Second process will be with the Recruiter from your specialized department, which will be more of technical questions..

Interview Questions

• What will be first thing you would do if I give you the job?   Answer Question

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookshire Grocery (Tyler, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I filled out and turned in my application for a store that was opening soon. It took about three weeks for them to get back with me - they were backlogged with hundreds of applicants. But once they set me up with an interview, it was short, focusing on my background in produce and knowledge of produce. My application had obviously been read thoroughly, so once they knew I was a people person, I got the job and have worked there happily for about a year and a half.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with produce? (This was difficult because I'd never worked grocery before.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because they offered me a good wage for unskilled labor.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookshire Grocery (Tyler, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

This interview was pretty much what you expect for an entry level interview. It consisted of the typical strengths and weaknesses, why would you like to work for us type of questions. If you know just a little about the company that will do, the main thing is your presentation and general interview skills.