Brookstone Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookstone (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was recruited directly from another company. The manager liked my demeanor and conduct so he asked me if I would consider coming to work for him. I accepted and gave my two weeks noticed at my current company. After that I started about a week or so after I left my previous company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

The Process was very comfortable and laid back. I came in met another employee who was very welcoming and nice. The person who interviewed was excited to meet me and to hire new people. I was excited too because I had applied to so may places.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was Apple product friendly, which was tricky because I never actually purchased an Apple product.   Answer Question

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brookstone (Merrimack, NH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn to the posting, and was contacted by the head of HR asking for additional information including my resume. Followed up a short time later with a phone interview.

Then was scheduling additional interviews with multiple stakeholders on the team. The interview date was cancelled because there were scheduling problems on their end, and the HR director apologized.

I contacted her two weeks later, after not knowing when she was rescheduling and was told, "Right now, we have some interviews that came through from a head hunter that was working on the position. They want to see how those pan out before we schedule any others (this is different than my recruiting efforts, and I was unaware- so my deepest apologies)."

A big red flag when the HR director for the entire organization doesn't know that they had hired a recruiter to find talent. I wished her and the team well.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience and why I wanted to work for Brookstone.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Interview

My only interview was over the phone. I was originally not offered the job but the person they gave it to backed out. I think they were in a pinch so they then offered me an internship over the phone without more of an interview.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any questions and did not have a formal interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted for no pay until they realized that was illegal and then they offered me minimum wage.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookstone (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was simple and straightforward. Store managers were warm and excited about bringing me on management. Hiring took longer, waiting on numbers and approvals from corporate- very awkward lack of communication between my interview and asked to papers and my first day.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brookstone (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

I asked if they gave an application or if it was online then told me right on the spot sign up online then come Tuesday for an interview. I was really stressing searching up questions they might ask but when I got interview it was really chill. I think it was a weird interview because we both sat on a bed side my side he had a note pad writing down stuff when I answer questions he asked. Then he told me it was only seasonal and they he will call me and also said he had to interview like 14 more people. What I thought was really weird was like I said he sat on side instead in front of me so we basically had no eye contact in my opinion I felt like the manager was more nervous then I was. My friend also an interview with him first then me and he also thought it was weird that he didn't have any eye contact with us.

Stockroom Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookstone (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

It was laid back. Not very serious and to the point. they asked about previous experience and pay. Asked questions about problems you would encounter during a business day. asked about personal goals, and desires. They walked me around the store and showed me products i would be selling. Broke down in detail the job i would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a particular experience where i went above and beyond for the customer.   Answer Question

Store Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brookstone.

Interview

sIMPLE PROCESS. fIRST INTERVIEW was with the DM. Within a few days a second interview was conducted with the Regional V.P Unless they are in town, that interview will be by phone. They both will want to know your specific sales experience. A lot of questions were asked pertaining to selling. Understanding selling behaviors; upt,ads, leaseline engagement, etc. they wanted to know if I was used to sales goals aswell; both individual and store.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Just make sure you emphasize that you have direct sales experience. Understand Add-ons, upt, ads, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negoitiation

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brookstone (Boise, ID) in August 2014.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a current manager, then 2 weeks later I set up a face to fce interview with the DM. After that I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had no need to negotiate because I was given an offer that was acceptable to me. I did ask for 40,000 per year and received 45,000 so they exceeded my expectations of salary. I was also allowed create a schedule that worked for my family.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookstone (South Portland, ME).

Interview

Minimum of two interviews for any position, the DM will sit in on either. References will be checked, and most interview last 30-60minutes and can be held in the store or via the telephone. Notes are taken and in depth questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• Why Brookstone, how will this company get you to your big picture; what is your big picture?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never demand what you want, but you do need to make it clear the circumstances you are working with. A job will never know what to give you unless you ask. I stated I needed to know within a week if I had the job so I could give ample notice to a previous job, I gave a $4 rage of what I wanted to receive in pay; within 2 days I was offered the job at the middle of my pay suggestion.