Brookstone

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brookstone in September 2014.

I asked if they gave an application or if it was online then told me right on the spot sign up online then come Tuesday for an interview. I was really stressing searching up questions they might ask but when I got interview it was really chill. I think it was a weird interview because we both sat on a bed side my side he had a note pad writing down stuff when I answer questions he asked. Then he told me it was only seasonal and they he will call me and also said he had to interview like 14 more people. What I thought was really weird was like I said he sat on side instead in front of me so we basically had no eye contact in my opinion I felt like the manager was more nervous then I was. My friend also an interview with him first then me and he also thought it was weird that he didn't have any eye contact with us.

Store Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brookstone.

sIMPLE PROCESS. fIRST INTERVIEW was with the DM. Within a few days a second interview was conducted with the Regional V.P Unless they are in town, that interview will be by phone. They both will want to know your specific sales experience. A lot of questions were asked pertaining to selling. Understanding selling behaviors; upt,ads, leaseline engagement, etc. they wanted to know if I was used to sales goals aswell; both individual and store.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Just make sure you emphasize that you have direct sales experience. Understand Add-ons, upt, ads, etc   Answer Question
    there was no negoitiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookstone.

Minimum of two interviews for any position, the DM will sit in on either. References will be checked, and most interview last 30-60minutes and can be held in the store or via the telephone. Notes are taken and in depth questions are asked.

Interview Questions
    • Why Brookstone, how will this company get you to your big picture; what is your big picture?   View Answer
    Never demand what you want, but you do need to make it clear the circumstances you are working with. A job will never know what to give you unless you ask. I stated I needed to know within a week if I had the job so I could give ample notice to a previous job, I gave a $4 rage of what I wanted to receive in pay; within 2 days I was offered the job at the middle of my pay suggestion.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookstone.

you can only apply online, you need to reach out to them to get an interview. You only get one interview and they want to know if you can sell and how well, htey need excitement from you about their products

none at all

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brookstone.

Basic interview structure. Basic interview questions. Was actually surprised there were not any more questions than there was. Was interviewed twice, and the District Manager actually came to my current job and bought something from me, probably to see how well i did with the selling process. I sold her a couple pairs of socks. Was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, was asked to sell a product to the interviewer on the sales floor.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookstone.

Despite having worked the position for the past two holiday seasons I actually had to call both the District Manager and the Managing Partner (not the same MP as the past two years) in order to line up the interview originally. Personally I found it odd that both on the phone during the set up process and during the actual interview that they told me I was the leading candidate for the position given that I had to reach out to them and not the other way around.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't any one particular question, I found the entire process unexpected in that rather than focus on shortcomings or areas of improvement from past years they focused on what I had done best and asked me to explain my best practices in detail.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, they informed me that they pay would stay flat at the previous years rate or they would go with the next candidate in line.

Store Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brookstone.

I had interviewed 5 times. 3 telephone and 2 in person. I was asked about previous experiences and how I handled them. I wa asked to list 5 subjects by priority: Merchandising, Customer service, Sales
    Metrics, Training, & Client Experience. Focus on making money!

Interview Questions
    They went a couple thousand over their max to meet my salar minimum.

Seasonal Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brookstone in October 2013.

2 days of the interview process overall good interview no hard questions everyone was very nice still in the process of going through training.They just recently opened up this location for only seasonal.So im very happy right now.just be yourself and be prepared and they really just wanna know about your avalibilty and can you work or not and are you a techy person.

none

First Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brookstone in September 2013.

I interview with a store manager and she asked my couple of questions, The interview was easy and relax and be yourself and you should do fine.

Interview Questions
    • They will really ask behavioral question. They really want to make sure you are a people-person and you have a great customer service skill,   Answer Question
    I let them know my prior management experience and told them my paid for my last employer, they were able to match it,

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookstone.

I received an on-the-spot interview while browsing at the local Brookstone in the mall. After being approached by the manager about a product, I casually mentioned that I was looking for a job. She talked to me about the Second Assistant Manager position they had opened to make sure I was interested.

Interview Questions
    • She had me sell her something on the floor on the spot.   Answer Question
    N/A