Brookstone

44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview Details – you can only apply online, you need to reach out to them to get an interview. You only get one interview and they want to know if you can sell and how well, htey need excitement from you about their products

Interview Question – How would you sell to a deaf person   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none at all

Cheektowaga, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brookstone in August 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted online application and resume after being recruited by a Brookstone Store Manager. I had several (4) phone interviews and finally met with the District Manager before I was officially hired.

Negotiation Details – Fairly easy as they offered me more than I had expected.

First Assistant Sales Manager Interview

First Assistant Sales Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookstone in September 2013.

Interview Details – I interview with a store manager and she asked my couple of questions, The interview was easy and relax and be yourself and you should do fine.

Interview Question – They will really ask behavioral question. They really want to make sure you are a people-person and you have a great customer service skill,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I let them know my prior management experience and told them my paid for my last employer, they were able to match it,

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview Details – Basic interview structure. Basic interview questions. Was actually surprised there were not any more questions than there was. Was interviewed twice, and the District Manager actually came to my current job and bought something from me, probably to see how well i did with the selling process. I sold her a couple pairs of socks. Was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, was asked to sell a product to the interviewer on the sales floor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview Details – Despite having worked the position for the past two holiday seasons I actually had to call both the District Manager and the Managing Partner (not the same MP as the past two years) in order to line up the interview originally. Personally I found it odd that both on the phone during the set up process and during the actual interview that they told me I was the leading candidate for the position given that I had to reach out to them and not the other way around.

Interview Question – It wasn't any one particular question, I found the entire process unexpected in that rather than focus on shortcomings or areas of improvement from past years they focused on what I had done best and asked me to explain my best practices in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, they informed me that they pay would stay flat at the previous years rate or they would go with the next candidate in line.

Picker Interview

Picker
Mexico, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brookstone in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview is very simple, you can be a complete idiot and still pass. After the interview they give you a timed multiplication and division which has questions with the numbers 1-12.

Interview Question – 12x9   View Answer

Negotiation Details – "Can you work Sunday through Thursday" "Yes" "Can you work X hours" "Yes" "You're hired!"

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Newark, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookstone in November 2011.

Interview Details – Hired as a Stock Manager for seasonal, kept on as sales associate for part-time

Interview Question – wattage of the massage chair   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – thought the price was fair for the job

Store Sales Manager Interview

Store Sales Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brookstone.

Interview Details – I had interviewed 5 times. 3 telephone and 2 in person. I was asked about previous experiences and how I handled them. I wa asked to list 5 subjects by priority: Merchandising, Customer service, Sales
Metrics, Training, & Client Experience. Focus on making money!

Interview Question – Above 5 subject question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They went a couple thousand over their max to meet my salar minimum.

Seasonal Stock Associate Interview

Seasonal Stock Associate
Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookstone in October 2013.

Interview Details – 2 days of the interview process overall good interview no hard questions everyone was very nice still in the process of going through training.They just recently opened up this location for only seasonal.So im very happy right now.just be yourself and be prepared and they really just wanna know about your avalibilty and can you work or not and are you a techy person.

Interview Question – They were none really if you prepare   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookstone in November 2009.

Interview Details – Store manager interview followed by district manager interview. The questions in person were not difficult. The online quiz evaluates you and gives answers to questions you were not asked. To this day I still don't understand how it gets the answers of personality from generic questions that had nothing to do with the answers.

Interview Question – They really want to get a feel of your personality. Questions are generated by the evaluation online from the application process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask high. You get what you ask for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brookstone

Worked for Brookstone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brookstone interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brookstone employees and interview candidates.