Brookstone Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
46 interviews

2.4

Store Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brookstone.

sIMPLE PROCESS. fIRST INTERVIEW was with the DM. Within a few days a second interview was conducted with the Regional V.P Unless they are in town, that interview will be by phone. They both will want to know your specific sales experience. A lot of questions were asked pertaining to selling. Understanding selling behaviors; upt,ads, leaseline engagement, etc. they wanted to know if I was used to sales goals aswell; both individual and store.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Just make sure you emphasize that you have direct sales experience. Understand Add-ons, upt, ads, etc   Answer Question
    there was no negoitiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Brookstone.

Minimum of two interviews for any position, the DM will sit in on either. References will be checked, and most interview last 30-60minutes and can be held in the store or via the telephone. Notes are taken and in depth questions are asked.

Interview Questions
    • Why Brookstone, how will this company get you to your big picture; what is your big picture?   View Answer
    Never demand what you want, but you do need to make it clear the circumstances you are working with. A job will never know what to give you unless you ask. I stated I needed to know within a week if I had the job so I could give ample notice to a previous job, I gave a $4 rage of what I wanted to receive in pay; within 2 days I was offered the job at the middle of my pay suggestion.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookstone.

you can only apply online, you need to reach out to them to get an interview. You only get one interview and they want to know if you can sell and how well, htey need excitement from you about their products

none at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brookstone in August 2013.

Submitted online application and resume after being recruited by a Brookstone Store Manager. I had several (4) phone interviews and finally met with the District Manager before I was officially hired.

Fairly easy as they offered me more than I had expected.

First Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookstone in September 2013.

I interview with a store manager and she asked my couple of questions, The interview was easy and relax and be yourself and you should do fine.

Interview Questions
    • They will really ask behavioral question. They really want to make sure you are a people-person and you have a great customer service skill,   Answer Question
    I let them know my prior management experience and told them my paid for my last employer, they were able to match it,

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brookstone.

Basic interview structure. Basic interview questions. Was actually surprised there were not any more questions than there was. Was interviewed twice, and the District Manager actually came to my current job and bought something from me, probably to see how well i did with the selling process. I sold her a couple pairs of socks. Was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, was asked to sell a product to the interviewer on the sales floor.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brookstone.

Despite having worked the position for the past two holiday seasons I actually had to call both the District Manager and the Managing Partner (not the same MP as the past two years) in order to line up the interview originally. Personally I found it odd that both on the phone during the set up process and during the actual interview that they told me I was the leading candidate for the position given that I had to reach out to them and not the other way around.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't any one particular question, I found the entire process unexpected in that rather than focus on shortcomings or areas of improvement from past years they focused on what I had done best and asked me to explain my best practices in detail.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, they informed me that they pay would stay flat at the previous years rate or they would go with the next candidate in line.

Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, MO

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Brookstone in November 2011.

The interview is very simple, you can be a complete idiot and still pass. After the interview they give you a timed multiplication and division which has questions with the numbers 1-12.

Interview Questions
    "Can you work Sunday through Thursday" "Yes" "Can you work X hours" "Yes" "You're hired!"

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brookstone in November 2011.

Hired as a Stock Manager for seasonal, kept on as sales associate for part-time

Interview Questions
    thought the price was fair for the job

Store Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brookstone.

I had interviewed 5 times. 3 telephone and 2 in person. I was asked about previous experiences and how I handled them. I wa asked to list 5 subjects by priority: Merchandising, Customer service, Sales
    Metrics, Training, & Client Experience. Focus on making money!

Interview Questions
    They went a couple thousand over their max to meet my salar minimum.

Worked for Brookstone? Contribute to the Community!