Brookstone Interview Questions in Merrimack, NH

Updated Mar 5, 2015

3.3

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brookstone (Merrimack, NH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn to the posting, and was contacted by the head of HR asking for additional information including my resume. Followed up a short time later with a phone interview.

Then was scheduling additional interviews with multiple stakeholders on the team. The interview date was cancelled because there were scheduling problems on their end, and the HR director apologized.

I contacted her two weeks later, after not knowing when she was rescheduling and was told, "Right now, we have some interviews that came through from a head hunter that was working on the position. They want to see how those pan out before we schedule any others (this is different than my recruiting efforts, and I was unaware- so my deepest apologies)."

A big red flag when the HR director for the entire organization doesn't know that they had hired a recruiter to find talent. I wished her and the team well.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about experience and why I wanted to work for Brookstone.   Answer Question

Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brookstone (Merrimack, NH) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied for position through LinkedIn, and received message from HR to set up a phone screening with the hiring manager. Phone screening lasted roughly 30 min, and asked general question pertaining to why I was interested in the role, and how I feel my background relates.

I was asked to come into the office a few days later, and met with two people. I first met with the Hiring Manager for the role, and again he asked interview questions you would come to expect. Very interested in my past, and how I react to changing work environment. He seemed very interested, and took an abundance of notes. However the red flag was the fact that he grew very touchy on the long term success of the company. He continuously defended the companies bankruptcy despite me never really digging too deep about it. Just a really awkward situation. Afterward I met with another analyst who seemed to have no idea how to conduct an interview. Failed to have a location to conduct the interview, and clearly was looking at my resume for the very first time. Just unprofessional.

I later followed up with the hiring manager (1 week later), and was advised they were finishing interviews. I checked back in another week later and he failed to get back in touch. Just overall a sloppy job, and a total lack of insight on where the role was going. He still seemed aggravated that the previous employee who worked this role left for another company, but who could blame this person?? This guy was a complete joke and the company is in deep trouble after already going bankrupt.

Space Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brookstone (Merrimack, NH) in July 2010.

Interview

Screened by recruiter, interviewed with 2 department heads and human resources.