Brother Industries Interview Questions in Bridgewater, NJ

2.7

Field Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I went through at least 4 phone interviews, which were very basic and getting to know one and other but were completely unnecessary considering they were 30 minutes each. The phone interviews that took almost 2 months because they were constantly changing the date and time. After completing the 4 interviews you go in and have to make a presentation on any brother product. This was harder than you think considering how much could you say about a printer without being repetitive and boring. After the presentation you go and meat the VP of sales and if all goes well they offer you the job.

They also claim its a sales position yet youre actually a field merchandiser for at least a year. This is basically doing tradeshows and presenting the product. You also get no commision. It is 35k salary with driving up to 100 miles a day.

In my opinion it would save everyone in the process time and money if there were not as many phone interviews. One or two phone interviews is enough before having to go in for a face to face.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

I was first given a three-part copywriting test. I was asked to edit a poorly written release, and write marketing material based on given specifications. I passed these tests and then was invited to interview with a marketing executive, followed by an interview with the HR manager. I thought the interview with the executive went very well, and was then introduced to the rest of the marcomm team before being handed over to the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a particularly difficult boss?   1 Answer

Major Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by an Independent Contractor across the country. I dealt exclusively with him for over a month. i eventually had a face to face interview with my future boss that was easy. After this, more dealings with the Independent Contractor. Eventually, I was flown out to Corporate in NJ and interviewed with 3 VP's. I received offer through the Independent Contractor. Process lasted about 45 days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary. Most of the interview process was dialogue more than question after question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation other than requesting a day off I needed.