Brother Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.8

Quality Control Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brother Industries (Bartlett, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the Department Manager first. It was a very positive conversation. After describing the position and duties, I was asked questions regarding myself, my personality, my ethics. He agreed with quite a few of my answers. I then spoke with a human resources officer. She asked me several questions including what I thought I could bring to her company. A very positive process.

Field Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

I went through at least 4 phone interviews, which were very basic and getting to know one and other but were completely unnecessary considering they were 30 minutes each. The phone interviews that took almost 2 months because they were constantly changing the date and time. After completing the 4 interviews you go in and have to make a presentation on any brother product. This was harder than you think considering how much could you say about a printer without being repetitive and boring. After the presentation you go and meat the VP of sales and if all goes well they offer you the job. They also claim its a sales position yet youre actually a field merchandiser for at least a year. This is basically doing tradeshows and presenting the product. You also get no commision. It is 35k salary with driving up to 100 miles a day. In my opinion it would save everyone in the process time and money if there were not as many phone interviews. One or two phone interviews is enough before having to go in for a face to face.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cordova, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brother Industries (Cordova, TN).

Interview

Originally worked and negotiated the interviews through a recruiter, then moved on to personal and on-site interviews. The offer was low at first and I rejected it. They came back higher but not by much. The interview tour was not sufficient and gives a more rosy picture than the place deserves.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure team performance.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated for a month, slightly higher salary, vacation not negotiable. Sign on bonus was available, and at the end they slip into the paperwork a one-year contract to keep the sign-on bonus, not having mentioned this before. I would pity the person who decides to stay the entire year to keep the small sign-on allotment.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brother Industries (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was quite simple; I interviewed with HR then got a second interview with the hiring manager/director, and lastly the VP of the company.

Interview Questions

• Sorry, no gotchas here. The interview was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Brother Industries (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Contacted first after answering a blind ad 3 months later by Regional Personnel Director. Was invited to meet with her the next day for 1/2 hour basic interview. Two weeks later met with National & Western directors for company in 2 hour interview. Two weeks later invited for further interviews and testing, given an offer that I excepted even though starting wage was well below what it should have been. I felt that there was opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Basically in this case their was none as I had been out of the industry 15 years.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

I was first given a three-part copywriting test. I was asked to edit a poorly written release, and write marketing material based on given specifications. I passed these tests and then was invited to interview with a marketing executive, followed by an interview with the HR manager. I thought the interview with the executive went very well, and was then introduced to the rest of the marcomm team before being handed over to the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a particularly difficult boss?   1 Answer

Major Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Brother Industries (Bridgewater, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

I was recruited by an Independent Contractor across the country. I dealt exclusively with him for over a month. i eventually had a face to face interview with my future boss that was easy. After this, more dealings with the Independent Contractor. Eventually, I was flown out to Corporate in NJ and interviewed with 3 VP's. I received offer through the Independent Contractor. Process lasted about 45 days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary. Most of the interview process was dialogue more than question after question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation other than requesting a day off I needed.

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brother Industries (Irvine, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed first by a very nice person from the personnel department. It was a basic interview. It wasn't really probing. I listened more than spoke and that was fine by me. I must have said something right. Next I was interviewed by my future boss. It was an interesting conversation. She was very positive about the company. If the first interview wasn't too probing, this one was overboard about my personal life. I think it was more about how I spend my spare time than how I make a sale.

Interview Questions

• Is it possible that you could move if we wanted you to work from corporate?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brother Industries (Lake Forest, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 face to face interviews locally and then had to fly back to NJ for final 4 interviews. Overall process took a little over two months

Interview Questions

• Sell me this watch (interviewer takes off watch and wants you to sell him it)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brothe offered decent pay, but no real path for promotion and/or raise was outlined. You can always negotiate the profit sharing plan and ask for 3 weeks vacation, which I got my first year