Brother International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Merchandiser Interview

Field Merchandiser
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brother International in August 2014.

Interview Details – I went through at least 4 phone interviews, which were very basic and getting to know one and other but were completely unnecessary considering they were 30 minutes each. The phone interviews that took almost 2 months because they were constantly changing the date and time. After completing the 4 interviews you go in and have to make a presentation on any brother product. This was harder than you think considering how much could you say about a printer without being repetitive and boring. After the presentation you go and meat the VP of sales and if all goes well they offer you the job.

They also claim its a sales position yet youre actually a field merchandiser for at least a year. This is basically doing tradeshows and presenting the product. You also get no commision. It is 35k salary with driving up to 100 miles a day.

In my opinion it would save everyone in the process time and money if there were not as many phone interviews. One or two phone interviews is enough before having to go in for a face to face.

Interview Question – Had to make a presentation on any Brother product.   Answer Question

Major Accounts Manager Interview

Major Accounts Manager
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Brother International in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited by an Independent Contractor across the country. I dealt exclusively with him for over a month. i eventually had a face to face interview with my future boss that was easy. After this, more dealings with the Independent Contractor. Eventually, I was flown out to Corporate in NJ and interviewed with 3 VP's. I received offer through the Independent Contractor. Process lasted about 45 days.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary. Most of the interview process was dialogue more than question after question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation other than requesting a day off I needed.

Worked for Brother International? Contribute to the Community!