Brother International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Cordova, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brother International.

Interview Details – Originally worked and negotiated the interviews through a recruiter, then moved on to personal and on-site interviews. The offer was low at first and I rejected it. They came back higher but not by much. The interview tour was not sufficient and gives a more rosy picture than the place deserves.

Interview Question – How would you measure team performance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for a month, slightly higher salary, vacation not negotiable. Sign on bonus was available, and at the end they slip into the paperwork a one-year contract to keep the sign-on bonus, not having mentioned this before. I would pity the person who decides to stay the entire year to keep the small sign-on allotment.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brother International.

Interview Details – It was quite simple; I interviewed with HR then got a second interview with the hiring manager/director, and lastly the VP of the company.

Interview Question – Sorry, no gotchas here. The interview was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Brother International.

Interview Details – Contacted first after answering a blind ad 3 months later by Regional Personnel Director. Was invited to meet with her the next day for 1/2 hour basic interview. Two weeks later met with National & Western directors for company in 2 hour interview. Two weeks later invited for further interviews and testing, given an offer that I excepted even though starting wage was well below what it should have been. I felt that there was opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Interview Question – I didn't feel there was either.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically in this case their was none as I had been out of the industry 15 years.

Major Accounts Manager Interview

Major Accounts Manager
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Brother International in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was recruited by an Independent Contractor across the country. I dealt exclusively with him for over a month. i eventually had a face to face interview with my future boss that was easy. After this, more dealings with the Independent Contractor. Eventually, I was flown out to Corporate in NJ and interviewed with 3 VP's. I received offer through the Independent Contractor. Process lasted about 45 days.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary. Most of the interview process was dialogue more than question after question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation other than requesting a day off I needed.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Lake Forest, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brother International in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 2 face to face interviews locally and then had to fly back to NJ for final 4 interviews. Overall process took a little over two months

Interview Question – Sell me this watch (interviewer takes off watch and wants you to sell him it)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Brothe offered decent pay, but no real path for promotion and/or raise was outlined.
You can always negotiate the profit sharing plan and ask for 3 weeks vacation, which I got my first year

Worked for Brother International? Contribute to the Community!