Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

Took 4 weeks long, had multiple phone interviews followed by an invitation to come into the office to meet with different members of the team. Had four different interviews while at the office and then shortly after leaving the office found out I got the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

There were two parts of the interview. About a month after I turned in my application I received an email asking to set up a phone interview - this was basic HR, making sure I was a living, breathing human being. This set up an on-site interview which consisted of two thirty-minute interviews, the first one 2 on 1 and the second one 1 on 1. Heard back literally two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you worked in a team. What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in February 2015.

Skype Interview from my university. I initially had a phone interview to gauge my interest then a Skype interview because I could not make it to the NYC office location. I then proceeded to have a one on one interview behavioral based before I had a two on one interview that was more technical focused and seeing what problem solving skills I possessed. No case studies or brain teasers. More personality oriented.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

First round phone interview that was almost entirely behavioral in mid December. Heard back about a week later requesting an in person interview. Scheduled it right after the holidays. Two 30 minute interviews in their NY office. First interview with 2 people and then a 1 on 1 with a higher ranking person. Questions were still almost all behavioral.

Transfer Agency Representative Interview

Brief initial phone interview. In person interview at office for around 30 minutes (usually consists of multiple open positions). Confirmation call about a week later if candidate qualifies. Background screening/drug test takes an additional 2 weeks. Overall month long process.

Interview Questions
    • What courses have you taken in college that will relate to this positon?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Process took two weeks. Had a short conversation with a recruiter and was then invited for the on site interview. Interview was fairly easy. I had 2 rounds of interviews with 2 VPs at a time. Mainly behavioral. They were interested in my resume, projects I worked on, leadership skills, why finance and etc.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in December 2014.

Applied through my school's career website and through the internet.

Interview was an initial phone screen with HR. Basic behavioral questions.

Then I was invited to the Jersey City office to interview. Was not compensated for gas or travel.

Superday in Jersey City consisted of one 2-on-1 interview with two directors. Basically behavioral and very relaxed. After this, I had a video interview in the Jersey City office with two directors from the NY office. This was also behavioral, and they want to see where your interests are.

Pay rate was $20/hr with no stipend or housing relocation package. This offer was in the New York office.

Project Manager Interview

it is very difficult process with 3 rounds. first around is phone interview and second & third around are in-person in the company. After 3 rounds, HR will be last person whom you meet with. Then you can ask any questions.

Operations Specialist Interview

- Telephone interview with a recruiter: the recruiter described the company emphasizing it's qualities, but did not go into details regarding the exact job description;
    - Telephone interview with one of the managers: I was encouraged to talk about myself a lot. My personality was what they were mostly interested in. Again the subject regarding the actual job was skipped.

Interview Questions
    • - What was the most difficult thing in managing people?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Fund Accountant Interview

Got a rec from a school alum and had first round with HR. Lasted about 45 mins and was told I'd hear back regarding next round within a week. Next day got the call saying I made it to the next round and scheduled an interview for a few days later. Interviewed with AVP and Associate. Extremely easy, almost no technical questions.