Brown Brothers Harriman

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Process took two weeks. Had a short conversation with a recruiter and was then invited for the on site interview. Interview was fairly easy. I had 2 rounds of interviews with 2 VPs at a time. Mainly behavioral. They were interested in my resume, projects I worked on, leadership skills, why finance and etc.

Project Manager Interview

it is very difficult process with 3 rounds. first around is phone interview and second & third around are in-person in the company. After 3 rounds, HR will be last person whom you meet with. Then you can ask any questions.

Operations Specialist Interview

- Telephone interview with a recruiter: the recruiter described the company emphasizing it's qualities, but did not go into details regarding the exact job description;
    - Telephone interview with one of the managers: I was encouraged to talk about myself a lot. My personality was what they were mostly interested in. Again the subject regarding the actual job was skipped.

Interview Questions
    • - What was the most difficult thing in managing people?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Fund Accountant Interview

Got a rec from a school alum and had first round with HR. Lasted about 45 mins and was told I'd hear back regarding next round within a week. Next day got the call saying I made it to the next round and scheduled an interview for a few days later. Interviewed with AVP and Associate. Extremely easy, almost no technical questions.

Fund Analyst Interview

I met with two people. Both seemed very nice and were honest about the position. They explained it was not the most glorious job and said it could take over a year to go from temp to perm. I was impressed and thankful for their honesty.

Investor Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in October 2014.

got the interview and it was very very easy. I researched the job and company and knew what they wanted to hear. Although when interviewing with BBH you should remember the first job which lasts a couple of months is the real interview to see if you can be a productive worker.

Interview Questions
    Really no negotiation very straight forward.

Accounting Analyst Interview

2 interviews. first with a recruiter, very short and simple. Second at the BBH offices with two managers of the department. Mostly questions about past experiences. Both interviews were easy and straightforward

Interview Questions
    entry level position so they dont negotiate terms

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in July 2014.

I interviewed at BBH on two different occassions for two different positions. I wanted to work at BBH based on the fact that they are privately held and does not depend on the stock market when making executive decisions. I found that while interviewing for the first position the job may have been a bit junior for my background and experience. It took three weeks for me to find out that I was not chosen for the position. I then was asked if I was interested in another position in a different department. I interviewed with two Sr. Managers and aced the interview. Two weeks later I was turned down for the position. I was basically a shoe-in for the position and was shocked that I didn't get the offer. BBH claims to have dropped the "old boy" status, but it was clear to me that it still exists within this institution. Also, I noticed that BBH has very little diversity although they claim to have a diverse workforce. I'm absolutely done with this company.

Internal Auditor Interview

I went through several rounds of interviews and received solid insight into the culture. Everyone was positive about working there and how accessible senior management and the partners are. I did interview with people within the business lines that are audited by the area. Very strong communication and feedback with the HR team.

Interview Questions
    • Why switching roles and why interested in a privately held company   Answer Question
    Very smooth

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

1 phone interview with Human Resources in Boston.
    1 interview with Senior Manager in Boston.
    1 interview with Department Head in NY via video conference.