Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2014

2.5

Tax Ops Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in December 2013.

I landed an interview through a staffing firm. BBH reached out to the staffing firm on a Tuesday and by Friday I was interviewing in person. I met with the VP of Investor Services for 30 minutes, and then I interview with an associate for another 30 minutes. Both individuals were pleasant and made me feel right at home.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to learn a new product or service on the spot.   Answer Question

I was waiting to hear back from another firm that was offering a more suitable position.

Network Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Referred by a current employee. Interview process included one phone interview and one in person; during the in person interview the hiring manager had to leave after approx. 10 minutes to attend a call, this should have been an indication of how upper management views other employees' time (not very valuable at all).

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected; would you ever go out for drinks with co-workers after work, as we like to spend a lot of time together outside the office? I answered yes. This manager then never joined the larger group for social events so this question seemed very odd as it was never really a reflection of the culture there.   Answer Question
    None, I accepted their first offer.

Corporate Actions/Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in September 2013.

Three people have interviewed me. In the first interview, the interviewer ask me about my personality and qualities about yourself, the second explain how the company works and what your position is. The last part was, the typical interview which included question like what would you do with customers complain about you and so on.

I didn't negotiated.

Entry Level - Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Submitted resume and cover letter via on campus recruiting. There were two interviews. One on campus with a member from HR and two other BBHers; then a second more intense round of interviews at BBH with several members of senior management.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mostly involved why BBH, why finance etc. BBH likes people to stay for the long-term, which is different from other financial firms.   Answer Question
    This was an entry level job; I did not negotiate terms.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Very straight forward and fair interview process. Behavior type questions.

no negotiation

Senior Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

There were 7 interviews in total, including 3 with different partners.

Interview Questions
    • How do we know you are not interviewing with us in order to obtain a counteroffer from your current employer?   View Answer
    My recruiter went back and forth with them for a few days but they met my terms.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in January 2009.

1 interview, thoroughly enjoyed the people I interviewed with, and the questions they asked made you think, yet they were also very straightforward. I left the interview knowing it was somewhere I'd be happy working at.

It went back and forth between the recruiter, he was able to get me a little more money than they initially offered

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in March 2012.

We had an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was set up by a temp agency, and the temp agency handled everything in terms of when I got accepted (got a call back that day) and coordination of all the required documents. You also need to get finger-printed.

Interview Questions
    • A difficult situation in my personal life and how I handled it.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate. That was handled by the temp agency.

Operations Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in October 2010.

I was a referral from a senior employee. I had two interviews in one sitting, each with two manager level people. One was fairly intense and that focused on prior experience, school, etc. The other interview was very laid back and casual. The focus of the second interview seemed to be to get a read on my personality.

Interview Questions
    • I had only been at my previous job for 3 months. I saw that as a temporary opportunity and this position as a career start, but I was grilled on why I would expect BBH to hire me given I was jumping ship so soon into my other job.   Answer Question
    There was no opportunity to negotiate. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Operations Specialist II Interview

There were several questions asked between the interviewer and interviewee. Great communication and description of what was expected from the employee. A lot of background is given about the company and the potential employee's team. Daily functions are discussed in great detail. There is a lot of time given to ask questions to become more familiar with the interviewer

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate client that has launched a complaint against you with management?   Answer Question