Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions & Reviews

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Very pleasant inerview

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Just one in person interview with two managers.

Didn't negotiate.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in March 2013.

Casual. Interviewed twice with groups of 2 employees. General interview questions. Tell me about yourself? How are your skills in excel and microsoft word? What do you like to do in your spare time? Why are you interested in this position? Etc.

Interview Questions
    • What type of learner are you? Felt like they were looking for someone who doesn't need to be trained or want to learn. The wanted someone who likes to figure things out on there own with little or no help...I just graduated from college with no experience so didn't seem like the right fit for me.   Answer Question

Seemed like they only wanted a temp, not someone to hire on full time. Other opportunities.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in June 2012.

I got the interview through a recruiter. I had back-to-back 30 minute intereviews with two managers in each interview. The questions were very standard. They simply went through my interview and asked about prior experience and coursework. Then they asked the usual intereview questions: a time when I had to deal with a tough co-worker, etc. I heard back about a week later and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is a mutual fund? What is a stock? What is a bond?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I accepted through a staffing agency.

Senior Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in April 2009.

HR phone interview. Meeting with multiple management and upper management staff. Questions were general. More to see if you will fit in than if you can do the work.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were general. Do your research about the company and you will be fine.   Answer Question
    Quick and easy.

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

One interview with HR and one with group head. Very pleasant interviewers and bank. Offer letter and call came quickly.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in September 2012.

Went through a staffing agency. Met with two teams, 2 on 1 interview for 30 minutes. There looking for the right fit, so show interest about the position and company, emphasis time management and excel.

Relationship Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in June 2008.

My interview process was fairly standard but since I had already interviewed the previous year in 2009 and didn't get the job, they kept my resume on file and actually emailed me the next year saying they wanted to hire me. I just went in, spoke with the MD and then had a meeting with my to-be boss and that was it.

None--they offered a salary based on my old one.

Assistant Vice President, Investment Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in April 2011.

Interview with the entire team (7 people) and stock write-up

I tried to push for higher base salary, they only increased it by 5k. Promiced a lot of "potential".

Operations Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in September 2008.

Resume sent over via current employeem, Three internal interviews, all on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • All very basic and expected questions. The interivew process was relaxed and friendly, positive vibe.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The initial offer was acceptable.