Brown Brothers Harriman

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview Details – Just one in person interview with two managers.

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in March 2013.

Interview Details – Casual. Interviewed twice with groups of 2 employees. General interview questions. Tell me about yourself? How are your skills in excel and microsoft word? What do you like to do in your spare time? Why are you interested in this position? Etc.

Interview Question – What type of learner are you? Felt like they were looking for someone who doesn't need to be trained or want to learn. The wanted someone who likes to figure things out on there own with little or no help...I just graduated from college with no experience so didn't seem like the right fit for me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed like they only wanted a temp, not someone to hire on full time. Other opportunities.

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in June 2012.

Interview Details – I got the interview through a recruiter. I had back-to-back 30 minute intereviews with two managers in each interview. The questions were very standard. They simply went through my interview and asked about prior experience and coursework. Then they asked the usual intereview questions: a time when I had to deal with a tough co-worker, etc. I heard back about a week later and accepted the position.

Interview Question – What is a mutual fund? What is a stock? What is a bond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I accepted through a staffing agency.

Senior Operations Specialist Interview

Senior Operations Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in April 2009.

Interview Details – HR phone interview. Meeting with multiple management and upper management staff. Questions were general. More to see if you will fit in than if you can do the work.

Interview Question – All questions were general. Do your research about the company and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview Details – One interview with HR and one with group head. Very pleasant interviewers and bank. Offer letter and call came quickly.

Interview Question – Walk me through the process of an audit   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in September 2012.

Interview Details – Went through a staffing agency. Met with two teams, 2 on 1 interview for 30 minutes. There looking for the right fit, so show interest about the position and company, emphasis time management and excel.

Interview Question – How far apart is the hour and minute hand a 3:15?   View Answers (2)

Relationship Officer Interview

Relationship Officer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in June 2008.

Interview Details – My interview process was fairly standard but since I had already interviewed the previous year in 2009 and didn't get the job, they kept my resume on file and actually emailed me the next year saying they wanted to hire me. I just went in, spoke with the MD and then had a meeting with my to-be boss and that was it.

Negotiation Details – None--they offered a salary based on my old one.

Assistant Vice President, Investment Management Interview

Assistant Vice President, Investment Management
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with the entire team (7 people) and stock write-up

Negotiation Details – I tried to push for higher base salary, they only increased it by 5k. Promiced a lot of "potential".

Operations Specialist III Interview

Operations Specialist III
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in September 2008.

Interview Details – Resume sent over via current employeem, Three internal interviews, all on the same day.

Interview Question – All very basic and expected questions. The interivew process was relaxed and friendly, positive vibe.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The initial offer was acceptable.

Funds Transfer Interview

Funds Transfer
Jersey City, NJ

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in June 2012.

Interview Details – Got interview through recruiter. Met with one person for half hour. Asked questions about myself, told me about job, and asked me what are two most important things about banks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Worked for Brown Brothers Harriman? Contribute to the Community!