Brown Brothers Harriman Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.4

Accounting Analyst Interview

Interview

2 interviews. first with a recruiter, very short and simple. Second at the BBH offices with two managers of the department. Mostly questions about past experiences. Both interviews were easy and straightforward

Interview Questions

Negotiation

entry level position so they dont negotiate terms

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at BBH on two different occassions for two different positions. I wanted to work at BBH based on the fact that they are privately held and does not depend on the stock market when making executive decisions. I found that while interviewing for the first position the job may have been a bit junior for my background and experience. It took three weeks for me to find out that I was not chosen for the position. I then was asked if I was interested in another position in a different department. I interviewed with two Sr. Managers and aced the interview. Two weeks later I was turned down for the position. I was basically a shoe-in for the position and was shocked that I didn't get the offer. BBH claims to have dropped the "old boy" status, but it was clear to me that it still exists within this institution. Also, I noticed that BBH has very little diversity although they claim to have a diverse workforce. I'm absolutely done with this company.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

They asked a few questions about general investment concepts (what is a bond, stock, debt security). They said they were looking for people with an idea of whats going in current economy. Asked my if I had any questions about the job and company. They asked me about my background in accounting, and to go over what I did.

Internal Auditor Interview

Interview

I went through several rounds of interviews and received solid insight into the culture. Everyone was positive about working there and how accessible senior management and the partners are. I did interview with people within the business lines that are audited by the area. Very strong communication and feedback with the HR team.

Interview Questions

• Why switching roles and why interested in a privately held company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA).

Interview

1 phone interview with Human Resources in Boston. 1 interview with Senior Manager in Boston. 1 interview with Department Head in NY via video conference.

Foreign Exchange Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY).

Interview

one interview with two managers

Interview Questions

• would you be able to start work at 6:30 am?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiate higher than thirty dollars per hour salary

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

long; five different people in one day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward; said to not give notice until receive word all background checks were passed.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Very Easy, all fit. What are your interests in financial markets? Pitch a stock on the long and short side? When Did you show leadership? Whats your greatest Strength? Whats your greatest weakness?

Interview Questions

• When Did you show leadership?   1 Answer

Client Service Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Interview

Very easy. The process only consisted of one interview then an offer was made shortly after

Interview Questions

• There were no real stunners or trick questions. Plain vanilla interview process   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman (Boston, MA).

Interview

Heard of the job through a staffing agency. Standard interview -- overall impressions of professionalism count for a lot. Being on point, showing that you are someone with good time management and an excellent ability to execute tasks counts for a lot. The position is basically assimilating and carrying out the same set of tasks every day. The challenges therefore are not variable, however you need an excellent attention to detail and an ability to get your work done in a very time efficient manner. Demonstrating that you're a fast learner (so as so quickly adopt the methodology) and have a rigorous work ethic will help get the job.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions.... describe project management skills, what your weaknesses are, when have you had experience working in a team etc.   Answer Question