Brown Brothers Harriman

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.5

Senior Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

There were 7 interviews in total, including 3 with different partners.

Interview Questions
    • How do we know you are not interviewing with us in order to obtain a counteroffer from your current employer?   View Answer
    My recruiter went back and forth with them for a few days but they met my terms.

Operations Specialist II Interview

There were several questions asked between the interviewer and interviewee. Great communication and description of what was expected from the employee. A lot of background is given about the company and the potential employee's team. Daily functions are discussed in great detail. There is a lot of time given to ask questions to become more familiar with the interviewer

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate client that has launched a complaint against you with management?   Answer Question

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Very pleasant inerview

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

Just one in person interview with two managers.

Didn't negotiate.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in March 2013.

Casual. Interviewed twice with groups of 2 employees. General interview questions. Tell me about yourself? How are your skills in excel and microsoft word? What do you like to do in your spare time? Why are you interested in this position? Etc.

Interview Questions
    • What type of learner are you? Felt like they were looking for someone who doesn't need to be trained or want to learn. The wanted someone who likes to figure things out on there own with little or no help...I just graduated from college with no experience so didn't seem like the right fit for me.   Answer Question

Seemed like they only wanted a temp, not someone to hire on full time. Other opportunities.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman.

One interview with HR and one with group head. Very pleasant interviewers and bank. Offer letter and call came quickly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in November 2012.

Found them through a campus information session. Interviewed with them literally the next day and got the job a couple weeks later through phone call. Only one interview. Hourly rate 15.5/hr. You need to complete a background check and a drug test by the first day of employment, everything else is pretty straightforward.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in September 2012.

Went through a staffing agency. Met with two teams, 2 on 1 interview for 30 minutes. There looking for the right fit, so show interest about the position and company, emphasis time management and excel.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in June 2012.

I got the interview through a recruiter. I had back-to-back 30 minute intereviews with two managers in each interview. The questions were very standard. They simply went through my interview and asked about prior experience and coursework. Then they asked the usual intereview questions: a time when I had to deal with a tough co-worker, etc. I heard back about a week later and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is a mutual fund? What is a stock? What is a bond?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I accepted through a staffing agency.

Funds Transfer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brown Brothers Harriman in June 2012.

Got interview through recruiter. Met with one person for half hour. Asked questions about myself, told me about job, and asked me what are two most important things about banks.

No negotiations