Brown-Forman

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

PA Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown-Forman in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, went through a few emails asking about salary range and expectations. After that had a face to face interview. All in all the interviews were great and every person was open, however there was a lot of time in between interviews and hearing back. That made me a bit nervous. The interviews themselves were great and especially the 1 on 1 give you a real feel for what kind of people work at Brown-Forman

Interview Question – Tell us about a challenging situation in your previous job(s) and how you made it through.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, so please do. Both in package as in salary they adjusted their offer to match another offer I had from another company.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Brown-Forman in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied via their career website and was contacted in three weeks to fill out some information. After that I spoke with HR over the phone for an initial screen. I was informed that I would be contacted regarding an on campus interview. That call never came. After one month the HR rep informed me they only selected internal candidates. For those of you who aren't aware legally they have to post each job to the public. Sadly I was just used as a CYA for them to proceed internally. Please be aware that I have a family member who works here this is the typical for their process. Great company just be aware of their practices.

Interview Question – What have you done in the past that relates to XYZ.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brown-Forman in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was tiring but a great learning experience. Started with a campus interview and then to onsite interviews. They hire for multiple positions at once that look for a certain foundation. Onsite interview consisted of 4 separate 30 minute interviews with 2 person panels. Generally, one HR person and one department person. Everyone was very friendly and the interviews had an overall pleasing environment. They also attempt to see how you interact with other interviewers and employees through an onsite/off site event held after the interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you knew with certainty you had made a mistake or wrong decision? What did you do wrong and how did it impact you moving forward?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Corporate Development Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown-Forman.

Interview Details – One interview with two people - a Director and a Manager
Technical + Behavioral

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown-Forman.

Interview Details – Lengthy slow moving process with initial screen via talent acquisition group, secondary review by HR. Behavioral interviews tied to companies desired behavior associated with each role. Good story tellers -extroverts will benefit

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when...(not difficult)   Answer Question

College Recruiting Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown-Forman in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through campus and received my first interview on campus. This interview went over your resume and consisted of a few behavorial questions. Heard back the next day and was invited to interview at Brown Forman. This consisted of a social pre-night social/presentation. Had five interviews the next morning, all being behavorial. Then we had lunch and a tour of tthe bottling facility and a second social that night.

Sales Promotion Interview

Louisville, KY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brown-Forman in March 2011.

Interview Details – They recruited at our university and gave a company presentation, where we signed up for interview times. Brief, 30-60 minute interviews occured the next day. The interview was with one person and she was very relaxed and friendly. This interview was more like a conversation. A few days later I, and several other students, were invited back to the company site in Louisville, Kentucky. They put us in a hotel for 2 nights and had 1 full day of interviews. from 8:00-12:00 we had 5 30 minute interviews and a few 10 minute breaks. Each interview room had 2 people from different departments to "team" interview us. The people were really friendly, relaxed, and open.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I thought I was interviewing for a marketing rotation program, but really it was a sales promotion position. I'm not particularly interested in sales.

Interactive Marketing Manager Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brown-Forman in August 2008.

Interview Details – Headhunter call, follow-up calls, HR call, one-day onsite multiple interviews, headhunter call, job offer, background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very clear from the start, we met somewhere in the middle and the pay was above average anyways. Benefits were excellent and HR was perfect. The entire interview process was the best I have had so far.

Industrial Engineering Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brown-Forman in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very nice. She firstly introduced the whole process of this phone interview to me, including what kind of questions she is gonna ask and what kind of procedures they are gonna go through to make the final decision.
Interview questions include:
1. questions based on your resume
2. behavior questions such as how to keep track of the items that needs your attention.
3. available working time and visa related

Interview Question – How to keep track of the items that need your attention?   Answer Question

Administrative Position Interview

Interviewed at Brown-Forman

Interview Details – Very basic questions, reviewed resume at each stop. Asked alot "So what did you do or how did you react type questions. Not alot of original thinking. They didn't want to move very far from the corp script.Different people but same questions. Long day and very long process. Didn't seem to have any real sense of "lets get it done" very slow process like their products.

Interview Question – None- seem to work from a script.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They were my first choice but they took so long that another offer came along. In comparing the offer there was no comparison-Didn't want to be placed in a box.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brown-Forman? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brown-Forman interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brown-Forman employees and interview candidates.