Brown-Forman

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Digital Marketing Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown-Forman.

Interview Details – I applied through the web site. A week or two later. They emailed me a questionnaire, which I returned within a day or two. Two to three weeks later a recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview. It was short and simple. The following week, they reached out to schedule an interview. The interview seemed to go well, we had good conversations and I used examples and data to illustrate my answers. Each interviewer confirmed that I would hear back by the end of the week or early in the following week. It has now been over two weeks. I followed up twice but no one acknowledged either email. I've since received another offer and accepted it. My wait time wasn't necessarily cause for concern but I wish they could've at least responded to my emails in any fashion, positive or negative.

Interview Question – N/a - nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

National Brand Advocate Interview

National Brand Advocate
Louisville, KY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown-Forman in July 2014.

Interview Details – Initial process was initiated by the talent acquisition department via Linked in where I was presented with the opportunity. I sent a cover letter and resume which were read fairly quickly as they followed up within a week. Next I received a survey which asked questions such as "Why do you feel your talents are well suited to the position" and "Are you willing to relocate." After that was sent in, I was informed a few weeks later that I had made it to the phone interview segment where I spoke with someone on the phone going over my resume and generally having a relaxed engaging conversation for roughly 15 minutes. A few days later I was informed that they would like for me to interview in Kentucky at their HQ. This was taken care of on their side and they were very accommodating. I was flown in and put up in a very very nice hotel. My interviews (4) started bright and early the next day. They had spent time coaching me on the 'STAR' style of behavioral interviews before hand so I was comfortable with the format. Each interviewer made a few minutes of small talk before asking their questions and they were all extremely nice and patient with my responses. Though I do not know if I made the cut, I would definitely love to work with them as they were both professional and hospitable. A+ company.

Interview Question – "What is something you've recently learned that you've been able to apply successfully?" The reason this caught me off guard was because it was my fourth over the course of 4 hours and this particular one was with someone over the phone which made it a little less personable. My gears got clunky and for the life of me I couldn't say a word for ten seconds. Other than that I think I made a great recovery and the rest of the interview went well.   View Answer

Merchandiser/Training Program Interview

Merchandiser/Training Program
Union, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brown-Forman in December 2010.

Interview Details – Round 1:Quick bare bones HR over the phone interview.
Round 2:Online video answer session.
Round3:Usual STAR method. Three 1 hour rounds. Each with 1-2 people from corporate office, field or HR.

Negotiation Details – first corporate job as a young professional.. Accepted and never tried to negotiate.
Starting $40,000
Bonus $6,000
Extra Incentives, gift cards $1,000-$4,000
Company Vehicle, phone, laptop, ipad, gas card, expense account, etc.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

PA Interview

PA
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown-Forman in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, went through a few emails asking about salary range and expectations. After that had a face to face interview. All in all the interviews were great and every person was open, however there was a lot of time in between interviews and hearing back. That made me a bit nervous. The interviews themselves were great and especially the 1 on 1 give you a real feel for what kind of people work at Brown-Forman

Interview Question – Tell us about a challenging situation in your previous job(s) and how you made it through.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, so please do. Both in package as in salary they adjusted their offer to match another offer I had from another company.

Very Easy Interview

Finance Interview

Finance
Louisville, KY

I applied online - interviewed at Brown-Forman in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied via their career website and was contacted in three weeks to fill out some information. After that I spoke with HR over the phone for an initial screen. I was informed that I would be contacted regarding an on campus interview. That call never came. After one month the HR rep informed me they only selected internal candidates. For those of you who aren't aware legally they have to post each job to the public. Sadly I was just used as a CYA for them to proceed internally. Please be aware that I have a family member who works here this is the typical for their process. Great company just be aware of their practices.

Interview Question – What have you done in the past that relates to XYZ.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brown-Forman in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was tiring but a great learning experience. Started with a campus interview and then to onsite interviews. They hire for multiple positions at once that look for a certain foundation. Onsite interview consisted of 4 separate 30 minute interviews with 2 person panels. Generally, one HR person and one department person. Everyone was very friendly and the interviews had an overall pleasing environment. They also attempt to see how you interact with other interviewers and employees through an onsite/off site event held after the interviews.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you knew with certainty you had made a mistake or wrong decision? What did you do wrong and how did it impact you moving forward?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Manager Corporate Development Interview

Manager Corporate Development

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown-Forman.

Interview Details – One interview with two people - a Director and a Manager
Technical + Behavioral

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown-Forman.

Interview Details – Lengthy slow moving process with initial screen via talent acquisition group, secondary review by HR. Behavioral interviews tied to companies desired behavior associated with each role. Good story tellers -extroverts will benefit

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when...(not difficult)   Answer Question

College Recruiting Interview

College Recruiting
Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown-Forman in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through campus and received my first interview on campus. This interview went over your resume and consisted of a few behavorial questions. Heard back the next day and was invited to interview at Brown Forman. This consisted of a social pre-night social/presentation. Had five interviews the next morning, all being behavorial. Then we had lunch and a tour of tthe bottling facility and a second social that night.

Sales Promotion Interview

Sales Promotion
Louisville, KY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Brown-Forman in March 2011.

Interview Details – They recruited at our university and gave a company presentation, where we signed up for interview times. Brief, 30-60 minute interviews occured the next day. The interview was with one person and she was very relaxed and friendly. This interview was more like a conversation. A few days later I, and several other students, were invited back to the company site in Louisville, Kentucky. They put us in a hotel for 2 nights and had 1 full day of interviews. from 8:00-12:00 we had 5 30 minute interviews and a few 10 minute breaks. Each interview room had 2 people from different departments to "team" interview us. The people were really friendly, relaxed, and open.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I thought I was interviewing for a marketing rotation program, but really it was a sales promotion position. I'm not particularly interested in sales.

Worked for Brown-Forman? Contribute to the Community!