Brown Investment Advisory & Trust

Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and interviewed at Brown Investment Advisory & Trust.

Interview Details – Applied and had an initial phone conversation. Everything went well, and then didn't hear back for 3 weeks. Then I was invited to fly out to meet for another round of interviews. Everything again went well, including start date times and salary discussions. It finished by them saying that I would work well with everyone and that I would hear a reponse by the week's end. Four weeks later, I have yet to hear a response despite multiple followups. Disappointing to say the least.

Interview Question – It was all very standard. Frankly, there was no test of actual knowledge. No detailed question about how to resolve "x." It was all personality based.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brown Investment Advisory & Trust in May 2009.

Interview Details – The initial interview process was straightforward. I found the job posting on the company website, and applied to the posting by sending an email with cover letter and resume. I also scanned the company website to see if I knew anyone who worked for the firm. I received a reply within 24 hours and was asked to come in for an interview. The in office interview was about 4-5 hours, and I met with about 8-10 people with several sessions of half hour interviews. After the in person interview, we scheduled a time for me to complete a sample "ad-hoc" project (they sent me a problem/business case that I had to create an answer for and respond within a time frame.)

Interview Question – The questions varied from typical interview questions (what are your greatest strengths) to more in depth questions about how I solved a specific problem in my previous position. Most were standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given the offer over the phone, and had limited ability to negotiate. I negotiated on the salary and benefits.

Very Easy Interview

Trade Support Associate Interview

Trade Support Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Brown Investment Advisory & Trust in October 2011.

Interview Details – The staffing agency sent my resume to the company, they liked what they saw and requested a phone interview. I first spoke with a human resource individual then the hiring manager.

Worked for Brown Investment Advisory & Trust? Contribute to the Community!