Brown Mackie College Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.5

Career Services Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brown Mackie College in August 2014.

Applied direct to web-site, contacted within the week, and interviewed by the career services director. Called back for the second interview with the college director.

Interview Questions
    • Not surprise questions. But, I would point out that it would be good to be mentally prepared for role playing. Depending the position you are applying for, put yourself in those shoes and sell.   View Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Findlay, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Brown Mackie College.

My first interview was conducted by phone. The first interview was conducted by the Administrator for General Education. My second interview was in-person by the Department head. Both were very thorough and required documentation of my formal schooling and teaching experience.

Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brown Mackie College in September 2013.

Interview was informal and I thought it went well but never received any feedback.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Mishawaka, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brown Mackie College in August 2013.

Applied Online. Received a call requesting an in-person interview. I arrived early, and was brought in very late. Interviewer laid back in his chair through entire interview. The interview seemed to go really well, I answered all of the questions with ease and he even told me that he liked my questions at the end. He told me that I would hear back from them within 3 days, and upon receiving a job offer would have 2 days to complete blood screening and a background check.

I called them after a week of no word, to see if a decision had been made, and they said they had more qualified applicants that they were moving forward with.

The job listing was removed for a short time after that, but is now back on the job boards. Apparently the turnover rate is higher than I was led to believe during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to choose the best answer to describe yourself: Would you say that you celebrate victories or learn from losses?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brown Mackie College in April 2013.

Clearly your academic background had to be verified. There was a description about the school and a couple questions regarding dealing with students

Firm fixed price

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brown Mackie College in February 2013.

Contacted through other college, set up interview by phone after emailing resume and cover letter (usually they will post through Monster). Created demo presentation for all Department Heads (they fill out a review sheet), met with relevant Department Head to discuss presentation, position, and particulars. Later called and offered position.

Interview Questions
    • This was more of a discussion- I don't think she actually asked me any questions. However, EDMC (head company of numerous career colleges) usually asks about education style and classroom management.   Answer Question
    No pay rate negotiation is available however you can usually negotiate work days and hours, courses, number of courses, and tutoring depending on the workload you'd like. They will also recontact in the event that you take a hiatus- very understanding and flexible with workloads.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brown Mackie College.

A 10 minute 'chalk talk' when a potential instructor is to wow the two to four interviewees. It really isn't an interview as much as a 'show' of presentation skills. It is simply insufficient to determine the plausible successful employee.

Interview Questions
    I was told how much they paid for a first year instructor (and they lied to me to save money). I was told $900/class, but the campus minimum was $1000/class. And the second year I was told it was $1000, instead of $1200. I had to whine and pull teeth to get back pay.

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brown Mackie College in April 2012.

I was really excited to go on this interview. I received a phone call to come in for a one on oneinterview. I went in for the first interview to meet with the person who would be my boss. He took me on a tour of the college, gave me info along the way, and asked me several on the spot questions, which he agreed that I answered very well. I sat with someone who was currently doing the position that I would be doing, and she was super sweet and we got along great. I was called for a final interview with the president of the college, which also went very well. He asked me several questions regarding my previous work experience and why I would be a good fit. After that interview I again met with the person whom I interviewed with first, and he informed me that I was a top candidate, he liked me and so did the president. He told me there was one last step, which was a personality test that he would email to me. After a week I still hadn't received anything. I then called to inquire about it, and also to see how the interview process was going. I was informed that I unofficially had the job as long as everything went okay on the personality quiz. I completed it, called a couple days later to let him know that it was completed, no answer so I left a voicemail, and never received any word back. Let me just say that the entire process took about 3 weeks, a couple weeks in between interviews, an everyone seemed to really like me and I received nothing but positive feedback.The only thing I would complain about is the fact that I did not even receive a call, letter, or email stating that they went with other candidates, I wasn't qualified, or any explanation at all. I took a lot of time out of my schedule and away from my family and felt at the very least I should hear SOMETHING! But instead I was left hanging. I feel this is very unprofessional and I'm glad I didn't get the job because I would not want to work for someone with such lack of respect.

Interview Questions
    • How would you persuade someone to pick Brown Mackie College over a university?   View Answer

Student Accounting Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brown Mackie College in December 2011.

Two people sat down with me and asked me questions

Interview Questions
    • If you have some one upset with you how would you handle the situation?   View Answer
    Not really.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mitchell, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mitchell, KY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brown Mackie College in August 2011.

As expected. Why work for this company? Why interested in education? Interviewed and offered job on same day. Was required to do short presentation of teaching skills.