Brown University

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Providence, RI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown University in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on line and in less than 48 hours I had received a phone call from a very friendly individual. She explained the position to me and told me that the salary, due the position being a granted position, was less than I was currently making. Being that I was relocating to the area, I agreed to proceed with the process. We scheduled an interview for a Friday and agreed to do it over skype since I was still several states away. She told me that they wanted to fill the position very quickly. Friday arrived but Skype didn't work, so she and another woman called and we conducted the interview over the phone. It went well and I received positive feedback. I was the first of several interviews. They said they'd let me know in a week if I made it to the second round. Over a week passed, so I contacted them to see if a decision had been made. I had made it to the second round and needed to schedule an immediate skype interview with the professor running the grant. We had the skype interview which seemed rushed, after calling me 10 minutes late. He acted like he had much better things to do and did most of the talking. I didn't get a good feeling from him. They told me they'd make their final decision within the week. Again, over a week later, I contacted them and they told me they went with another individual who had more "higher education experience"

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brown University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brown University Administrative Coordinator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Brown University employees and interview candidates.