Brown & Brown Insurance Insurance Producer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2015

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. Interviewed with several department managers and producers. Started early in the day and lasted till lunch time. Very fast paced work culture driven by self starters and people who are motivated to succeed. Overall a great learning experience that will hopefully lead to a career in the near future.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brown & Brown Insurance

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Florham Park, NJ) in November 2008.

Interview

The company hiring process was like none I've ever seen. There was a standardized personality test which is designed to determine how hard of a worker the applicant is and how well they deal with rejection - as sales positions tend to offer alot.

The interview consisted of a 2:1 meeting with the Vice President and President of the office. They are friendly and personable, and ask simple questions, like: Why did you pick insurance. The company is attempting to bring in a wave of young/new sales people, so there is not a significant amount of experience required.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the salary - which was a mistake. I didn't know what a good salary was for the position and thought I had a good deal. This is a sales based organization, everyone is there because they want to make more money. I would highly suggest asking for $45k-$50k. Fifty is on the high side, but depending on the day, you may get it.