Brown & Brown Insurance

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Insurance Producer Interview

Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in November 2008.

Interview Details – The company hiring process was like none I've ever seen. There was a standardized personality test which is designed to determine how hard of a worker the applicant is and how well they deal with rejection - as sales positions tend to offer alot.

The interview consisted of a 2:1 meeting with the Vice President and President of the office. They are friendly and personable, and ask simple questions, like: Why did you pick insurance. The company is attempting to bring in a wave of young/new sales people, so there is not a significant amount of experience required.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the salary - which was a mistake. I didn't know what a good salary was for the position and thought I had a good deal. This is a sales based organization, everyone is there because they want to make more money. I would highly suggest asking for $45k-$50k. Fifty is on the high side, but depending on the day, you may get it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brown & Brown Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brown & Brown Insurance Insurance Producer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Brown & Brown Insurance employees and interview candidates.