Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.4

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Roseland, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Their interview process was not welcoming. It was rushed and unstructured as if they had filled the position prior to my arrival, Waste of Time. Believe the Glassdor Reviews they will save you "Time, Money and Gas".

Interview Questions

• No Structured "Intelligent" Structured interview questions. Questions were posed as tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

E-learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Carmel, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

Had one in-person interview in an older looking building and was told it was one of the nicer buildings in the company. I met with 2 people one of which was the VP of the company. He seemed like a very old-school sales person type and went off on some off topic tangents. I got the impression that they weren't big on hiring millennials.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I would be opposed to taking insurance sales classes for the e-learning specialist position.   Answer Question

ELearning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume on Indeed.com and was contacted fairly quickly. There was a lengthy phone interview with the Learning Development Manager. About a week later she scheduled an in person interview with herself and her manager. I received an offer two days later. In all the process took about five weeks.

Interview Questions

• Typical eLearning questions about methodology and process. Also asked about specific eLearning software and LMS experience.   Answer Question

Outside Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview no curveballs. Much like every other interview I had been on. They just wanted to get to know me better and make sure that I was a good fit for the position.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Quick on the phone interview basically making sure you aren't crazy and you had a personality. It ran through your resume and your work experience and how that would be of benefit to the brown and brown firm.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Horrible- Went through 4 interviews in approximately 3 hours, everyone in that building is very stuck up. They try and make you feel stupid- they think they have the best job in the world and want you to know that (they are very cocky). I'm so glad I DID NOT take a job here.

Interview Questions

• They asked me "do you like to drink/party" REAL professional, right? "Why do you want to work here" "What's your dream job" "Why should we hire you" "I don't think you want to work here, I think you just want a job. So tell me why you want to work here" You have to be very persuasive. The list goes on and on… Just know how to hold your head high, as they will try and put you down.   Answer Question

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Very one sided interview but I knew I got the job right away. Interviewer ask a bunch of questions but answered them himself all I had to do was smile and agree.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

The first thing they do ask you to do is fill out an application once you arrive. After they take you into a conference room to interview you. From there I spoke to 2 people. It was very easy going , and simple. It was more like a conversation than an interview.

Producer Interview

Interview

It is a pretty straight forward interview process with standard interview type questions, they have a 3 stage interview process. The first interview is over the phone where they ask a few questions and have you fill out a personality test online. If you do well on the personality test your asked to come in for a face to face. The third interview consists of meeting with department heads and regional vice president to determine if you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations for a client.   Answer Question

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. Interviewed with several department managers and producers. Started early in the day and lasted till lunch time. Very fast paced work culture driven by self starters and people who are motivated to succeed. Overall a great learning experience that will hopefully lead to a career in the near future.