Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.2

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a great experience. Interviewed with several department managers and producers. Started early in the day and lasted till lunch time. Very fast paced work culture driven by self starters and people who are motivated to succeed. Overall a great learning experience that will hopefully lead to a career in the near future.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in October 2013.

Interview

The whole hiring process took several months. I interviewed with every department head. They took their precious time, but I think that since every profit center is independent (for the most part) they wanted to make sure I was a good fit for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate very much, but recieved terms that were agreeable in the first place.

Customer Service Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Daytona Beach, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Long, however I met with several managers and they were very nice. Once interview was complete I was shown around the office and escorted out of the building and was told I would be hearing from someone shortly.

Producer Interview

Interview

It is a pretty straight forward interview process with standard interview type questions, they have a 3 stage interview process. The first interview is over the phone where they ask a few questions and have you fill out a personality test online. If you do well on the personality test your asked to come in for a face to face. The third interview consists of meeting with department heads and regional vice president to determine if you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations for a client.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

The first thing they do ask you to do is fill out an application once you arrive. After they take you into a conference room to interview you. From there I spoke to 2 people. It was very easy going , and simple. It was more like a conversation than an interview.

Outside Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview no curveballs. Much like every other interview I had been on. They just wanted to get to know me better and make sure that I was a good fit for the position.

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Orange, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the office manager. Was asked multiple questions about proficiency, coverage knowledge, insurance background, short term and long term goals, past agency experience, educational goals, claims experience, a lot of questions that they needed to know that they wanted me to answer. Interview went forever.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was very thorough in that I was able to meet with different heads of departments and people I would work with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was take it or leave it.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in August 2009.

Interview

the personality test was the main focus for the interview. A large part of the hiring decision was based on these scores.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview

Standard interviewing process - resume, phone interview, then in person interview. Hiring manager asked for personality profile checking on fit for position. Lots of discussion,questions regarding work to be done and experience in the industry with focus on the computer skills and speed needed to do work quickly