Brown & Brown Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.2

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in October 2013.

The whole hiring process took several months. I interviewed with every department head. They took their precious time, but I think that since every profit center is independent (for the most part) they wanted to make sure I was a good fit for them.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate very much, but recieved terms that were agreeable in the first place.

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in May 2014.

Interviewed with the office manager. Was asked multiple questions about proficiency, coverage knowledge, insurance background, short term and long term goals, past agency experience, educational goals, claims experience, a lot of questions that they needed to know that they wanted me to answer. Interview went forever.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Standard interviewing process - resume, phone interview, then in person interview. Hiring manager asked for personality profile checking on fit for position. Lots of discussion,questions regarding work to be done and experience in the industry with focus on the computer skills and speed needed to do work quickly

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in January 2010.

The interview was very thorough in that I was able to meet with different heads of departments and people I would work with.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. Salary was take it or leave it.

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in August 2009.

the personality test was the main focus for the interview. A large part of the hiring decision was based on these scores.

no negotiations

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2010.

First Interview was positive, but second gave me the impression there was no interest in hiring me. Required to take an online assessment that seemed a bit like a Meyers/Briggs assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in January 2011.

The hiring process took over two months due to the fact that the boss was too busy to deal with interns. I went after the job with a head of steam and it still took them two months before I was hired as an intern.

Interview Questions
    Have basic knowledge of the insurance industry.

Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in November 2009.

Fairly simple interview. They asked me questions about my past job and school experiences and some behavioral questions. The women who interviewed me were very nice. The office is mainly women and the high up women and men seem like they really like their job, although most of them are hardly in the office, and the lower employees seem dissatisfied.

Interview Questions
    • How would you rate your life on a scale from 1 to 10.   View Answer
    Not optional, but they offered enough that it was worth it for me.

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in November 2008.

The company hiring process was like none I've ever seen. There was a standardized personality test which is designed to determine how hard of a worker the applicant is and how well they deal with rejection - as sales positions tend to offer alot.

The interview consisted of a 2:1 meeting with the Vice President and President of the office. They are friendly and personable, and ask simple questions, like: Why did you pick insurance. The company is attempting to bring in a wave of young/new sales people, so there is not a significant amount of experience required.

I did not negotiate the salary - which was a mistake. I didn't know what a good salary was for the position and thought I had a good deal. This is a sales based organization, everyone is there because they want to make more money. I would highly suggest asking for $45k-$50k. Fifty is on the high side, but depending on the day, you may get it.

Client Services Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in October 2009.

Hired through a series of 2 interviews.

N/A