Brown & Brown Insurance

15 candidate interviews

Internal Operations Analyst Interview

Internal Operations Analyst

Interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance

Interview Details – In was very situation based. They want to make sure you have the intentions of becoming a CSR or Broker within two years. They are looking to see if you are prime candidate to be molded into their type of an employee which will make you successful. The personality test that they make you take will be a big factor.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you attempted something, but failed.   Answer Question

Accounting Leader Interview

Accounting Leader

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details – Interview process is very simple for accounting because the company needs so many of them. They are constantly making new acquisitions and piling the work onto the current accountants. very easy process it was basically two stages and each stage was with the senior management. They basically want to see if your personality fits the company. They do not even ask a great deal of accounting questions because they base your skills of your resume.

Interview Question – The typical mumbo jumbo... example: what are your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was subpar

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details – I met with a total of three people and the interview process took about an hour. A lot of questions were put forth on both sides but the interview was generally relaxed and positive. I felt very good about the organization at that point.

Interview Question – Would my former employers re-hire me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was pretty much take it or leave it but it was a fair offer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details – My first meeting with the company was a casual meet and greet because I knew someone who knew someone who worked there. At that time the company did not have a position available for me. They advised that they would hold onto my resume and call as soon as something opened up they would call. About a year later I received a call from the PCL and we met up for lunch. After my initial meeting I was asked into the office to meet with the department manager. Then my final meeting consisted of a knowledge test and then a visit with the person with whom I would be replacing. Within 24 hours I was contacted by the PCL with an offer.

Interview Question – I don't feel as though there were any difficult questions. I believe I was the one who asked more questions about the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real room to negotiate. I believe I was offered the most for the position.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Benefits Consultant
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details – We were part of an acquisition, so it involved a personality test, meeting with our new boss and meeting some of the team. i met with the existing VP HR, and the PCL of the office. We talked about my current role and responsbilities and the culture of their office

Interview Question – where i wanted to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer, accept. it was acquisition so it kept my current income almost the same

Insurance Producer Interview

Insurance Producer
Florham Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in November 2008.

Interview Details – The company hiring process was like none I've ever seen. There was a standardized personality test which is designed to determine how hard of a worker the applicant is and how well they deal with rejection - as sales positions tend to offer alot.

The interview consisted of a 2:1 meeting with the Vice President and President of the office. They are friendly and personable, and ask simple questions, like: Why did you pick insurance. The company is attempting to bring in a wave of young/new sales people, so there is not a significant amount of experience required.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the salary - which was a mistake. I didn't know what a good salary was for the position and thought I had a good deal. This is a sales based organization, everyone is there because they want to make more money. I would highly suggest asking for $45k-$50k. Fifty is on the high side, but depending on the day, you may get it.

Intern Interview

Intern

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in November 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly simple interview. They asked me questions about my past job and school experiences and some behavioral questions. The women who interviewed me were very nice. The office is mainly women and the high up women and men seem like they really like their job, although most of them are hardly in the office, and the lower employees seem dissatisfied.

Interview Question – How would you rate your life on a scale from 1 to 10.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not optional, but they offered enough that it was worth it for me.

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Barbara, CA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process took over two months due to the fact that the boss was too busy to deal with interns. I went after the job with a head of steam and it still took them two months before I was hired as an intern.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Have basic knowledge of the insurance industry.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process begun with a techical test at an external recruiter, and an Interview. This process took 3 hours in total. After this the recruiter approved me and set me up for and Interview at the offices with a Manager and a Supervisor. There were 2 postions available and 2 candidates available, me and another person. There I answered all questions for about 20 minutes. It was a very informal intervew, curiosly at the end of the interview I had a tour over the office, and asked what I tought about it. I gave my review and was asked to complete a test via online.
After completing the test at home according to the job oppening, I didn´t recieved any news. I decided to call the recruiter 4 days later, she told me they decided to pursue other candidates. I was told that they were impressed by my skills, my test, experience, my education and that I did a very good interview, but she actually didn´t knew why they didn´t choose me.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2010.

Interview Details – First Interview was positive, but second gave me the impression there was no interest in hiring me. Required to take an online assessment that seemed a bit like a Meyers/Briggs assessment.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brown & Brown Insurance

Worked for Brown & Brown Insurance? Contribute to the Community!